|Quests||The Last Gift of a Brilliant Mind|
- Blackwater is located in the west region of the worldwound. (Northwest to Ivory Sanctum). Once enter you will be locked in unless you can pass a high Use magic device check roll - be warned.
- The guardians here use tesla coil as defence. Use protection from lightning spell to protect your team. (can be disabled with trickery.)
- Most of the enemies here have regeneration. This also means they won't die easily. You need to hit them with lightning damage to stop this, there are some call lightning wands as well as shock longswords to help with this. Alternatively, coupe de grace while they are knocked out will kill them. Interestingly, natural attacks (such as animal companion bite attacks) also seems to kill them. All the enemies in this area have high AC and low Will - using spells, touch attacks, or ways to mitigate their AC (like Ember using the Evil Eye hex, or sleep spells) are highly recommended.
- The correct combination to open the front gate is Triangle, Rhombus, Circle with dot.
- In westmost hall, you can find a key that unlock most doors in this location. The other locked doors require flaming lockpick fuel to open, however, you can use dimensional door spell to by pass them.
- The final boss Hundred-Face is at the northwest corner of the location. To reach him, you need to send one of your team members across the bridge and disable the arcane emitter first.
- Disable the four crystal devices near the Hundred-face to defeat him. If you keep the machine, you will get a special crusade project later, to transform your troops to cyborg.
- You can craft Psionic Protection Crown if you collect all the materials (Hundred-Face circlet, and Hundred-Face gear). Currently you must have all items in your inventory BEFORE interacting with the machine with the paladin resisting control. You can find the component north of the lava pit (in the room with the augmented salamanders) . You need the key from Chief Khara to access it. The circlet meanwhile can be found on the very right side of the map, just below the entrance. You need the key from Chief Khara for that door as well.
- There is a room with a PC that has 3 symbols: hand, wind and fire. You need to first press the hand symbol and the wind symbol after that. Do NOT press the fire symbol as it will destroy everything. After you've done this, you can lockpick 2 doors to get Certainty of Death (Two-handed axe).
NPCs at Blackwater
Quests related to Blackwater
Blackwater Notes & Tips
- You can use dimensional door spell to by pass some of the locked doors.
- Stormlord's Resolve bracer can be found in southeast room.
- Using Repurpose on Chief Khara will prevent you from getting the key!
- Blackwater is balanced as a late Act III quest, even though you can get there very early - enemies in this area will be very tough if you're behind on levels. Try doing other quests first, and even afterwards be prepared for a tough area with lots of high AC enemies.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!