Breath of Life
This spell cures 5d8 points of damage + 1 point per caster level (maximum +25).
affected by target's spell resistance
Breath of Life Information
- Target: creature touched
- Duration: instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will (half) (see text)
- Spell Resistance: affected by target's spell resistance (see text)
- Spell Descriptors: healing
- Casting Time: Standard action
- Spell Effect: This spell cures 5d8 points of damage + 1 point per caster level (maximum +25).
Unlike other spells that heal damage, breath of life can bring recently slain creatures back to life. If cast upon a creature that has died within 1 round, apply the healing from this spell to the creature. If the healed creature’s hit point total is at a negative amount less than its Constitution score, it comes back to life and stabilizes at its new hit point total. If the creature’s hit point total is at a negative amount equal to or greater than its Constitution score, the creature remains dead.
Creatures slain by death effects cannot be saved by breath of life.
Like cure spells, breath of life deals damage to undead creatures rather than curing them, and cannot bring them back to life. If used in this way, the target's spell resistance applies, and they may make a Will saving throw to halve the damage.
Breath of Life Tips & Notes
- Breath of life can be used to resurrect fallen allies within one round of them dying, while not requiring the costly material components of other resurrection spells like raise dead and resurrection. Note, however, that breath of life does not remove the Death's Door condition like actual resurrection spells do.