Breath of Life
This spell cures 5d8 points of damage + 1 point per caster level (maximum +25).
Not affected by target's spell resistance
Breath of Life is a Conjuration Spell in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Breath of Life is a level 5 Spell from the Conjuration school. Other school categories include Abjuration Spells, Conjuration Spells, Illusion Spells, Divination Spells, Enchantment Spells, Evocation Spells, Transmutation Spells and Necromancy Spells. Spells in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous can be used for both dealing damage to Enemies, inflict Status Ailments or to buff Characters.
Breath of Life Information
- Level: Cleric/Oracle 5, Shaman 5; domain: Healing 5; mystery: Life 5
- School: Conjuration
One friendly creature within touch range.
- Duration: --
- Saving Throw: Will (half) (see text)
- Spell Resistance: Not affected by target's spell resistance (see text)
- Spell Descriptors: Cure
- Casting Time: Standard action
- Spell Effect: This spell cures 5d8 points of damage + 1 point per caster level (maximum +25).
Unlike other spells that heal damage, breath of life can bring recently slain creatures back to life. If cast upon a creature that has died within 1 round, apply the healing from this spell to the creature. If the healed creature’s hit point total is at a negative amount less than its Constitution score, it comes back to life and stabilizes at its new hit point total. If the creature’s hit point total is at a negative amount equal to or greater than its Constitution score, the creature remains dead. Creatures brought back to life through breath of life gain a temporary negative level that lasts for 1 day.
Creatures slain by death effects cannot be saved by breath of life.
Like cure spells, breath of life deals damage to undead creatures rather than curing them, and cannot bring them back to life. If used in this way, the target's spell resistance applies, and they may make a Will saving throw to halve the damage.
How to Obtain Breath of Life
Breath of Life can be obtained by the following classes:
Breath of Life Tips & Notes
- Breath of life can be used to resurrect fallen allies within one round of them dying, while not requiring the costly material components of other resurrection spells like raise dead and resurrection. Note, however, that breath of life does not remove the Death's Door condition like actual resurrection spells do.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Also, why does breath of life teleoport dead bodies next to the caster sometimes and not others?
The privacy statement blocks half my screen when looked at on the phone.