Colyphyr Mines Information
- You learn that the daughter of Baphomet, Hepzamirah, is hiding in this place after you talk to Nocticula.
- You can reach this location by accepting Nocticula's help, or by finding an airship captain on your own (Kerz in Fleshmarkets or Mielarah in Bad Luck Tavern). Either way, once you depart from Alushinyrra, you'll need to complete a series of storybook decisions and skill checks on your airship journey to the mines.
- If you kill the dragon (Quest Fulsome Queen's Request), the demons on the lower level will be alerted. However, you can use the tunnel in the Fulsome Queen's cave to reach the lower mines and ambush - or avoid - the Balor near the elevator on the west side of the map.
- In the Kitchen of the lower mines, there's a demon called Xuneki begging for his life. If you initially agree to let him live, he will reveal a hidden chest (contains the Elemental Protector ring). Once the chest is revealed, you can then kill Xuneki. If you spared his life, he will ambush you after you open the chest.
- In one of the digging sites, Areelu Vorlesh will suddenly appear and help Suture escape (only if you did not already rescue him from the slavers in Middle City).
- There is one Midnight Bolt in lower level of the mines, in a torture room.
- Hepzamirah and her guards are in a sealed room on the lower level. To remove the seal, you need to obtain the key from Mutasafen.
- You may want to hold on to some extra party buffs before fighting Hepzamirah. Once she is defeated, you will immediately face Baphomet himself, and he opens combat with Word of Baphomet, which unavoidably dispels all your buffs. (Remember to use a Midnight Bolt on Baphomet to get a New Nahyndrian Crystal, which is required for the secret Ending.)
- If you accept Nocticula's gift, you will receive Profane Ascension (As a swift action while in an act of passion with a willing mortal, Nocticula may grant a profane ascension. The target's name appears in glowing Abyssal runes on Nocticula's wings, and a crimson mark manifests somewhere on the target's body. The target immediately gains a +6 profane bonus to any one ability score of its choice, a +4 profane bonus to any other ability score of its choice, and the Darkvision ability). However, if you decide to betray her later, Nocticula will try to mind control you with this gift. You have to pass a Will check to overcome it.
- If you used the Midnight Bolt on Baphomet, Nocticula will want the crystal for herself. If you accepted her gift, you will have to pass a Will check to take the crystal instead of her. This will also break Profane Ascension and remove the benefits.
- After killing Hepzamirah, return to the Fulsome Queen. If you kneel before her, she will grant you her Unclean Gift (You gain a +2 profane bonus to Constitution, +2 bonus to natural armor, immunity to diseases and have a 50% chance to treat any critical hit or sneak attack as a normal hit. Due to an unpleasant stench and appearance your Charisma permanently decreases by 4). This gift will stack with Nocticula's gift.
- North of the last fight, there is an Athletics check. Complete it and you'll fight an abyssal salamander for some small loot, including a Dimension Door (Mass) scroll; this is a hint. Use Dimension Door (Mass) to reach another island just to the north, across the lava river. You'll fight the Scorcher of Souls, a Wizard 20 Abyssal Salamander, with some more abyssal salamanders midway through its 700+ hp. If you kill it, you'll get some magic loot and a Manual of Gainful Exercise +2, for an inherent +2 Strength.
- When you leave the Mines to return to the Nexus, be ready for a battle, as several demons have attacked the camp.
NPCs at Colyphyr Mines
- Fulsome Queen
Quests related to Colyphyr Mines
Colyphyr Mines Map
Colyphyr Mines Notes & Tips
- The dragon's hoard contains several valuable items including a Tome of Understanding +2. See Fulsome Queen's Request.
- You can cleanse your abyssal corruption in the northwest corner of both the upper and lower mines.
- Other notes...
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!