Midnight Fane Information
The entrance to the Midnight Fane is hidden in Drezen. You can discover its location by visiting the Ivory Sanctum. The Midnight Fane is also protected by a demonic seal. You can learn how to remove the demonic seal in Areelu's Lab.
- Queen Galfrey will reach you when the prepare is done, before you enter the Midnight Fane, make sure your team is combat ready and the time-sensitive quests are done.
- Midnight Fane is built as a gateway between the Abyssal realm of Midnight Isles and Golarion. During your exploration there. You will need to travel between the planes multiple times.
- Three keys are needed to open the gate to the center of Midnight Fane. You can find them on cultist priests (the Deskari and Baphomet priests are next to their statues. The Nocticula priest is in abyss), however if you passed the will check you can get the Nocticula key without fight.
- The real Yaniel can be found in Minago's torture chambers. If you chose to free her, she will empower the longsword Radiance (the one you found in ACT 1). If you're a Lich and Staunton Vhane is with you, she will turn hostile, and die through dialogue option in which you kill her with radiance and it becomes an evil version with bane living.
- Near the single Deskari statue there is a hidden portal leads to a secret Desna altar. (Perception and Knowledge: Arcane checks required.)
- You need to go back to the entrance once you hear your allies' horn, otherwise Queen Galfrey will accuse you later.
- After you clear the location, you will gain 5th mythic level and access to Abyss. (don't forget to loot the bodies, the coin can be used to activate portal at Nexus.)
- When you are returning from the Abyss (quest The Way Back), you can remove the seal near Deskari Statue to reveal a path to Drezen.
- In the Abyss portion of the map there is a very powerful enemy (likely the hardest fight up till this point in the game) called Playful Darkness. Be very prepared as it can easily wipe your entire party in a single round. It has 68 AC on Core (53 on medium), lots of very powerful level draining and strength draining attacks and powerful regeneration (you need positive energy damage or lucky roll on Coup De Grace). Killing it rewards 313,344 XP (52,224 on medium). A good strategy is to summon monsters and keep it busy attacking them and your party using ranged touch attacks or magics that deal damage no matter the save (1 summon undead every turn is enough for this strategy). Good luck!
- In Act V, people on the Aeon mythic path will have to return to Midnight Fane to examine a distortion. The entrance remains where you exited from the Midnight Fane in Act IV - in the barracks, on the main floor.
The Midnight Fane contains a secret area that can only be accessed by having the wall switches throughout the Midnight Fane set in a specific combination. Accessing this area will unlock the Secret of Secrets achievement. The below map indicates the wall switch locations and their required positions.
An "X" indicates that the switch must be closed (the nearby wall door must be closed) and an "O" indicates that the switch must be open.
Once the switches are in the required positions, you can descend down the stairs at the area marked "Entrance". Inside you will find a trapped sarcophagus (DC 47 Perception check on Core difficulty to notice). It has a very high DC 58 Trickery check (on Core) to disable it. The trap triggers a room-wide acid trap if triggered. Either way, once the sarcophagus is opened, several Enraged Vescavor Swarms will spawn and attack. They use their gibber ability to target your party's Will saves and render them unusable.
NPCs at Midnight Fane
Quests related to Midnight Fane
Midnight Fane Map
Midnight Fane Notes & Tips
- Note and tips go here...
- Playful Darkness is very hard to kill. It is immune to cold and negative energy, has very high AC and spell resistance. It has debilitating attacks that drain levels and dispel buffs.