Spies Amidst Our Ranks
|Location||Tower of Estrod|
Spies Amidst Our Ranks is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
The people of Kenabres placed too much faith in the city's long-established peace, which made them careless to the poinf of negligence. The Tower of Estrod — known to all citizens as the museum where many crusade relics are kepy - has been taken over by a band of demon worshipers. There is no doubt that they were drawn to that location by the museum's treasures, many of which possess intriguing magical properties.
Show the cultist dispatch to the commander of the crusader forces.
The dispatch belonging to the leader of the demon worshipers in the catacombs revealed that there is at least one group of secret cultists operating in the city. The person in charge of Kenabres's defense should hear about this… That is, of course, if such a person exists, and if the city is still standing.
- Show Irabeth the dispatch
Scout the Tower of Estrod
Report to Irabeth about the planned assault
The demons are planning an assault on the Defender's Heart. Luckily, their disorganization up to now has prevented them from consolidating their forces and crushing the resistance. The axe is poised to fall on the heads of the crusaders. Their survival hinges on whether they learn this information before it is too late.
Purge the demons from the Tower of Estrod
The bulk of the demon forces guarding the Tower of Estrod will be going on the assault against the Defender's Heart. Once they are dead, the crusaders will have the perfect opportunity to purge the tower of the remaining enemy forces.
Tell Irabeth about the victory
- Show the cultist dispatch to the commander of the crusader forces. You will be able to obtain the dispatch after defeating Hosilla, near the end of the Shield Maze. Anevia will give it to you, once you decide over Lann or Wenduag
- As soon as you meet Irabeth while emerging from the Shield Maze, you can show her the dispatch to her. This will unlock the Tower Of Estrod, your next objective. Go there.
- To scout out the Tower of Estrod is your next objective. As soon as you enter, 4 visions will appear. Depending on your alignment and story decisions, one of them may attack you or disappear when they finish their introductions. You can talk and learn a little about them by talking to the Vision of Targona after dealing with the cultists inside.
- Move forward, and Greybor will warn you about being noisy. He comments that the place is swarming with demons. This leads to a scene in which a group of demons is arguing about whom to follow and what course of action they should take.
- Once the scene is over, Greybor advises not to meddle with the demons for now. But you can try to defeat them if you want, know that you are in for a tough fight.
- Head back to the Defender's Heart and report to Irabeth about the planned assault. You will gain 69 Experience for doing so.
- Return to the Tower of Estrod. When you are ready, move to the right side of Greybor. You will find a way to cross by passing an 11 Mobility check. Then, on the other side, you will find a column, that demands a 5 Athletics check. If you pass it, you will send the column towards the demons, killing a few in the process. Greybor will join the fray, and deal with one Demon immediately. You can also sneak along the left side, passing another mobility check, and pushing another column.
- Tell Irabeth about the victory to finish the Quest.
Completed Quest Information
The demon worshipers who turned the Tower of Estrod into their own secret base have been wiped out. Many relics have been looted by demons and common thieves alike, but the vast majority have survived unscathed.
- If you assault the tower before the battle at defender's heart, you will meet Greybor here.
- There are two pillars on either side of the room that can be used to kill some of the demons before initiating combat. Both require athletics or mobility checks to reach.