The Outcast is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
The Outcast Information
Some representatives of elvenkind are arrogant, believing themselves to be superior to most other races. They are convinced of their own nobility and high purpose, and look down upon those of their kin who have turned to evil and the worship of darkness. The fate of such outcasts if typically bleak.
The hunter Forn has arrived from Kyonin to track down and kill a fearsome cultist, Kayleesa. He encountered her once before and failed, but he refuses to give up. Perhaps meeting an ally has improved his chances.
The Outcast Objectives
Find and kill Kaylessa
- Forn, a hunter of the servants of evil, has reported that a dangerous cultist by the name of Kaylessa is hiding in Kenabres. He described her remarkable appearance - gray hair, dark skin, and scarlet eyes - and warned just how deadly she can be in a fight.
Talk to Forn
- The Commander met Kaylessa, but trusted her words and let her go. It is unlikely the hunter Forn will be pleased to hear this.
Show Kaylessa's diary to Forn
- Kaylessa - the quarry that the hunter Forn was pursuing - is dead. Perhaps he will be glad to learn that his chase is over.
Wait for Kaylessa's schemes to be revealed
- The Commander refused to put an end to the crimes of the cultist Kaylessa. According to the darkhunter Forn's warning, she will strike soon. The Commander should prepare to face her head-on.
- The darkhunter Forn's guise has turned out to be false - like overtempered steel, what at first appeared robust and durable is in fact fragile and brittle. He has lured the Commander into a trap, and only immediate and harsh retalatiation may help shed some light on this plot.
Make a decision about Kaylessa's final request
- Before her death, Kaylessa had one final request for the Commander - to write a letter recounting her grim tale and send it to Kyonin. The choice of what to do with this chilling truth is for the Commander to make. The Winter Council that sent Forn to hunt down Kaylessa would clearly prefer it to be buried as deep as possible.
The Outcast Walkthrough
- At Defender's Heart, an elf named Forn asks you to find and kill Kaylessa.
- Kaylessa can be found at Market Square, near the bottom right portion of the map, standing close to wall, just up the road from the bridge in the quest The Divided City. If you passed the Perception check, you will notice that she isn't really a Deskari cultist.
- Talk to her and you can easily confirm that she is not a Deskari cultist, now you have to make a choice regarding her fate.
- Let her go. By doing this, you will meet her a few more times in the future. This easilycan lead this quest to failure.
- If you decide to kill her, you will get a Scroll of Death Ward from Forn.
- You can met Kaylessa several times during your trip to Drezen, when you take a visit in your army's camp - she talk different individuals in a disguise, searching for an injured elf, who joined to the crusaders (it's Forn, but she doesn't gave you a name). When she tries to get information about him from Anevia, she will help you to hinder her escape - then you can talk to her again. You get a new chance to kill her, or let her go - if you choose the latter again, Forn will be displeased with you, and warn you about that she will strike soon...
- During your way to Drezen, Forn is in your camp (first you find him in the healer's tent), but you need to make a succesful Perception, Lore, and Nature checks to notice, something isn't right about those injuries.
- If you let Kaylessa go free both first and second time, after a long time - either about 3 months after you free Drezen, after finished the quest in the Ivory Sanctum or after finished the second Mythic Decree (might be all three need to be fulfilled) -, when you go back to Drezen, you will run in to Forn Autumn Haze. (This will happen, even if you teleport.) His leg is injured, but a succesful Nature check suggest, that he should be already unsconcious after that much blood loss. If Arueshalae is in your party, she will mention this too. Another worrying notice coma by a succesful Perception check: he sit down to rest in an open area, where any pursuer could kill him with a single arrow - or try to kill anyone, who try to help him. This is it will be revealed - just after Kaylessa appears one more time -, what were Forn true motives - and the fact, that he wants to kill you too now. After the fight you can talk with Kaylessa, but at the end, she will ask you to kill her, before she turns into a monster in mind too.
This place (besides the corpses of the killed ambushers) contains 2 lootable skeleton too - one near a tree, and one around the direction, where Kaylessa appeared.
- Finishing the quest open up 2 possible Decree in the Crusade Management, but you can choose only one - you either fulfill her final request, sending a letter to her friend (which result +50 Marksmen), or try to get the favor of the Winter Council - a clique of powerful elves, who sent Forn Autumn Haze after her in the first place -, who send 5 Shadowdancers (Grand tier Spellcasting units) to serve you.
The Outcast important NPCs
The Outcast Completed quest information
Kaylessa is dead. The hunter's Forn's chase has come to an end, but has the evil that he was hunting been eradicated? Or will it survive and sprout from the smallest seed to change this world? None can tell, for fate is dark and unpredictable.
The Outcast Tips & Tricks
- The final part of this quest appears to be bugged, but it will simply resolve itself if you allow some time to pass
- If you let her go, you need reach certain places for the quest to continue.
- Othe tips and note go here...
Despite not having a red "last chance to complete" badge, it seems you can't complete this if you don't find her in Act 1 (correct me if I'm wrong)...
People are really dumb.
The giant trap can be manually disarm (difficulty 35 in Hard) for a whooping 960exp. Tieflings will automatically disarm it in a cutscene with no experience gained, as well as the bookcase disable-button not granting any experience. If not using mods you can "disable" the tieflings by engaging in combat so that you can then manually disarm the trap.
Add this asap on the walkthrough part.
I'm stuck on Make a decision about Kaylessa's final request. How do I write the letter to Kyonin?
The quest doesn't necessarily fail if you let her live.
If we deactivate the Crusade, maybe the quest suceed to automaticaly send the letter ? I have a green check, but... IDK...