Elemental Barrage is a Mythic Ability unlocked exclusively by progressing through any Mythic Path in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Mythic Abilities are unique abilities bestowed upon Mystic Heroes when they ascend to certain levels on the respective Mythic Path. These powerful abilities are a crucial component to crafting Builds, as they provide benefits that synergize with specific Spells, Feats, Traits, and Classes. You may find the relevant information of the Elemental Barrage mythic ability on this page.
Elemental Barrage Effects
You mastered the art of raining elemental spells on your foes, and found a way to empower them by combining different elements.
Benefit: Every time a spell you cast deals energy damage to a creature, you apply an elemental mark to it. If during the next three rounds you deal energy damage to a marked target with a different type of energy, the target is dealt additional Divine damage. The damage is 1d6 per mythic rank of your character.
Where to Find Elemental Barrage
- Elemental Barrage is a mythic ability that can be found under the any Mythic Path.
Elemental Barrage Tips & Notes
- The "mark" mentioned in the ability is invisible to the player and doesn't appear in enemy tooltips.
- Allies can also be affected by the mark and the bonus damage, if for example party-unfriendly area of effect damage spells are repeatedly used.
- Divine/Holy and Unholy do not count as energy damage types for Elemental Barrage. Fire, Acid, Cold, Electricity, and Sonic are the main energy damage types (basically the ones that can be guarded against with Resist Energy). Rarely there are also generic "Energy" damage sources that count as an additionally distinct source of damage. (Last part no longer appears to be true as of 11/2022)
- Elemental Barrage also triggers off of energy damage types from physical weapon attacks. As such, a character equipped with a weapon with multiple elemental types and/or one or more different Geniekinds can trigger one or more Elemental Barrages per attack.
(No longer true as of 11/2022)
- Despite the ambiguity of the updated tooltip description, energy damage from physical attacks also cannot consume the hidden "mark" left behind by spells. Only spells can leave a mark for Elemental Barrage, and only spells can consume the mark and deal the extra damage.
- As of 01/2022, Sonic appears to have been mistakenly left out in the "consume" step of the ability, so while a Sonic damage spell will leave an Elemental Barrage mark, no spell will be able to consume that mark due to this oversight. However, a Sonic-damage spell will still consume the Elemental Barrage mark left behind by the other energy types.
- If a spell somehow does multiple types of energy damage at once, it does not count for triggering the Elemental Barrage bonus damage, the second type of energy damage must come from a different spell.
- To summarize everything above: only spells that do Fire, Cold, Acid, and Electricity energy damage (not just spells with those keywords) will leave an invisible "mark" on their targets. But spells with Fire, Cold, Acid, Electricity, and Sonic energy damage types can consume the mark left behind by a different spell's different energy damage type to trigger the bonus Elemental Barrage damage.