If a character can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.
The character's attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the character flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 and increases by 1d6 at later levels. This additional damage is precision damage and is not multiplied on a critical hit.
The character must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot.
Sneak Attack is one of many Class Features available in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Class Features are generally passive benefits that characters gain based on their Class but can also some times be active Skills that you can use in combat. Abilities in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous can be used for both dealing damage to Enemies, inflict Status Ailments , buff characters or just protect you.
Sneak Attack Information
- Alchemist Abilities
- Arcane Trickster Abilities
- Assassin Abilities
- Sanctified Slayer Ability (Inquisitor)
- Rogue Abilities
- Shaman Abilities
- Slayer Abilities
- Divine Scion Ability (Paladin)
How to Acquire Sneak Attack
Sneak Attack can be obtained by the following classes:
- Arcane Enforcer
- Arcane Trickster
- Cult Leader
- Executioner (Slayer Archetype)
- Sanctified Slayer (Inquisitor)
- Spawn Slayer
- Stygian Slayer
- Trickster (Mythic Path)
- Divine Scion (Paladin)
- Eldritch Scoundrel (Rogue)
- Rowdy (Rogue)
- Knife Master (Rogue)
- Sylvan Trickster (Rogue)
- Thug (Rogue)
- Underground Chemist (Rogue)
- Shadow Shaman (Shaman)
Sneak Attack Tips & Notes
- Sneak Attack dice from different sources always stack. For example, the sneak attack dice attained from Rogue levels will stack and combine with those attained from Alchemist (Vivisectionist) levels.
- Sneak Attack cannot be used on targets with concealment, such as those under the effect of a Displacement spell, or a foe that is Invisible.
- As of 1/19/2021, Sneak Attack works from range when the opponent is flanked by (two or more) melee allies.