|Class||Witch (Stigmatized Witch)|
|Point buy equivalent||25|
Ember is a Companion in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Companions assist the player by joining his/her party and have their own backstories and unique characteristics. They all have their own Classes and equipment they begin with.
A strange child of war - a witch who was burned at the stake, and yet survived. A godless saint, ready to preach love and kindness to people and demons both. A homeless orphan who has no hope, but who gives it to countless people around her. It is hard to understand what hides behind the young elven girl's eyes, and where her bare, burned feet are taking her. She wages a war of her own. Her own child crusade.
Ember joins your party with the following statistics:
Class: Witch (Stigmatized Witch) 3
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Skill Ranks: Persuasion (3 ranks), Knowledge Arcana (3 ranks), Lore Religion (2 ranks), Use Magic Device (3 ranks)
Background: Mendevian Orphan
Hexes Known: Slumber, Vulnerability Curse
How to Recruit Ember
- You can encounter Ember at the southern edge of Market Square where she is being accosted by some crusaders. Let the scene play out and you will have a chance to ask her to join you.
Ember is one of the party's 2 main magic users, alongside Nenio. Ember's Witch archetype, the Stigmatized Witch is a spontanous caster, rather than a prepared one, which makes her comparable to a Sorcerer that uses Hexes rather than Bloodlines. Her hexes allow her to be especially useful in the early levels of the game, which are typically unkind to magic-focused characters. The Slumber hex will typically be her go-to for helping out, as it can immediately make a fight much more manageable, typically by taking out large physical threats with low Will-saves like minotaurs. She is also effective in using other debuffing spells like Ray of Exhaustion.
However, as the game goes on, the Blackened Curse she gains from her archetype will grant her even greater offensive potential. Using spells like Fireball, Scorching Ray, and later the extremely potent Hellfire Ray, Ember starts becoming more effective at ending encounters by simply killing the enemy with high magic DPS.
While Ember typically comes off as a simple naive young girl, particularly to her friends and those close to her, her centuries of life (due to being an elf) having given her a unique perspective on the world, the gods, and even the demons the party faces. She and her father were burned at the stake on suspicion of heresy by Inquisitor Hulrun, yet she was able to walk away from ordeal having lost nothing more than several of her fingers and toes, leaving her limbs scorched but otherwise unharmed. It is implied that this miracle, in addition to several other quirks of her history and personality, are a result of being watched over by Andoletta, the Lawful Good Emphyreal Lord who guards the innocent and outcast, and who watches over Ember through her Familiar, Soot the Crow. Ember claims that she can feel Andoletta whispering comfort and sweet words at night.
However, past Ember's trauma has not hardened her personality, far from it. She generally sees those who would do harm to others as the most miserable people in existance. She always tries her best to see the best in people, from crusaders, to cultists, even demons, attempting to draw out even a single spark of compassion and humanity. Ember can often be found preaching in the streets about topics like self-care, tolerance of others, and sharing compassion with other people rather than pain. She even prays to the Demon Lords to change their ways and be better. While Baphomet and Deskari ignore their pleas, Nocticula eventally finds herself becoming intruiged by Ember's words.
Ember has 3 different paths of character development which depend on the player's actions in dialogue, which also have gameplay ramifications.
- Choosing consistently Good dialogue choices, encouraging Ember to continue her efforts to redeem and protect as many people as possible, will lead both demons and cultists throwing down their arms to abandon their evil ways. Her ending shows her becoming a popular religious leader whose teachings spread across Glarion. She also gains a significant buff to her Charisma stat once her final loyalty mission is complete, making her spellcasting even stronger.
- Choosing consistently Lawful options has the Commander teaching Ember that, while redeeming people is fine, she must temper her expectations, mature as a person, and accept that some people cannot be redeemed in this war and must be killed to save the innocent. This eventually causes her to feel extremely angry at the demons who refuse to repent, tapping into more of Andoletta's power and giving her access to the game's ultimate Fire spell: Storm of Burning Righteousness, which deals 10d10 Fire and Holy 10d10 damage to enemies in a large area of effect. The demons and crusaders still renounce their ways and become better people
- Choosing consistently Evil options leads to the Commander being verbally abusive and condescending towards Ember's efforts to help people, outright insulting her on several occasions. This leads to the demons, cultists, and crusaders in her final loyalty mission all dying and Ember being unable to save them. Her will and mind are broken, unable to deal with the trauma inflicted upon her, becoming meek and depressive. Her ending shows her becoming a simple sweeper and dishwasher at a local orphanage, always weeping and refusing to use her powers since she saw everything as being all her fault. She gains the Lunacy debuff, which decreases her Intelligence score.
Ember Related Quests
19 Witch (Stigmatized)/ 1 Sorcerer (Crossblooded)
9 STR/ 16 DEX/ 12 CON/ 12 INT/ 13 WIS/ 22 CHA
|4||Witch - Evil Eye|
|5||Witch - Spell Focus: Necromancy|
|6||Witch - Cackle|
|7||Witch - Improved Initiative|
|8||Witch - Protective Luck|
|9||Witch - Spell Penetration|
|10||Witch - Restless Slumber|
|11||Witch - Spell Specialization|
|12||Witch - Major Ameliorating|
|13||Witch - Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy|
|14||Witch - Beast's Gift|
|15||Witch - Heighten Spell|
|16||Witch - Regenerative Sinew|
|17||Witch - Improved Critical: Ray|
|18||Witch - Death Curse|
|19||Sorcerer - Fey+Draconic / Toughness / Greater Spell Penetration|
Ember Build Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Guide – In this Ember Build Guide, I’m going to break down the best Attributes, Skills, Feats, Spells, Hexes, Mythic Path, and Equipment you should take to make the most out of this character. You’ll also have the ability to buff and heal your allies. I’ll be showing an optimized Build that involves her default Stigmatized Witch Archetype, which is paired with the Crossblooded Sorcerer. If you’re looking for ways to severely weaken enemies while dealing great damage with Negative Energy and Fire Spells, then this Ember Build Guide is for you.
For Ember’s Build, you’ll want to improve her usage of Necromancy Spells coupled with Hexes. At earlier levels, it’s good to start casting Slumber to immediately debilitate your target, followed by using harmful Spells against them. Note that this is effective against Humans but not so much against other creatures. Because of this, you’ll have to try other Spells like Glitterdust to blind them or Ray of Exhaustion to impose penalties on their Attributes. Additionally, we’ll also explore the benefits of Conjuration Spells and other Hexes to buff and heal the party.
Ember’s Spellcasting Ability is Charisma, which is different from the Witch Class. But unlike Wizards, Stigmatized Witch’s are spontaneous casters so you don’t need to prepare their Spells beforehand. Instead, you’re able to cast these depending on how many available Spell uses you have for the day. This is then replenished after taking a rest.
Ember Tips and Notes
- Other notes, tips, and trivia
|Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous All Companions|
Arueshalae ♦ Camellia ♦ Ciar ♦ Daeran ♦ Delamere ♦ Finnean ♦ Greybor ♦ Kestoglyr ♦ Lann ♦ Nenio ♦ Queen Galfrey ♦ Regill ♦ Seelah ♦ Sosiel ♦ Staunton Vhane ♦ Wenduag ♦ Woljif Jefto
I wonder what her real name is, ember is just what they called her, embers from the pyre she burned on.
But no one has seemed to realize that but me.
is it possible to go back and get this companion lol I somehow skipped over her and am now at Lost chapel
She says she was burned in the First Crusade. She's about the same age as Galfrey.
Why does a Blackened Witch have Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot?
By far my favourite companion. Even as a evil character I want to protect this child.
BG3 could take notes, this is exactly how alien elves should look. Get that humans with pointier ears **** outta here