The Wayward is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
The Wayward Information
An insane preacher telling a laughing crowd about love, kindness, and nobility of spirit. An ordinary sight in the streets — every city has its idiots. Oftentimes, when the crowd grows tired of listening to sermons, it finds a new entertainment by dragging the preacher to the stake. But this girl has already been tossed on the pyre and survived, and despite it all, she continues to appeal to the people's better nature. Will she achieve more than others of her ilk? Who's to say...
The Wayward Objectives
Wait to see how things unfold
- The mob loves a wretch, a feeble-minded, hysterical, starry-eyed preacher — when one of these unfortunates stands on a corner and begins their sermon, a crowd will immediately gather. Some will laugh, some will cry, some will toss a coin at their feet... But will any of them listen? Will they do as they are told? The obvious conclusion: of course they won't. But let's leave our biases aside as we observe how the throngs of Drezen respond to the exhortations of a ragged elf girl.
Go to the Shrine of Baphomet
- The hypothesis has been disproved: it seems the girl has formidable powers of persuasion. She managed to convince the Baphomet cultists to defect to her side — and these are people who are hardly ripe for reconversion. After suffering this ideological blow, the templars decided to resort to violence — but that has never been their forte. If the Commander hurries to help, the little preacher will be shaken but unharmed.
Defeat the demons
- And the same trick again: the little preacher somehow prompted a change of heart in a fanatic wielding a sacrificial knife. What's more, her goodness is such an affront to Baphomet that he has sent a troop of demons after her. Luckily for her, the Commander is at hand to defend his strange charge.
Decide the fate of the cultists
- The demons have been destroyed. The demon worshipers, strange as it may be, escaped unharmed. The innocent preacher begs the Commander to spare the lives of her abductors. Why are these shriveled stumps of human souls so important to her? Does she really hope to heal them?"
The Wayward Walkthrough
- Talk to Ember when she is preaching to people at Drezen square.
- After some time, a woman appears and reports to you that Ember is taken by the cultists. You need to go to the Baphomet's Shrine to save her.
- Travel to Baphomet's Shrine, you need to defeat the demons with cultists to free Ember, afterwards, you may decide what to do with these cultists. (Don't forget to search for loot before you leave, in one of the chests near the shrine, there is a Blazing Crown.)
The Wayward important NPCs
The Wayward Completed quest information
Preaching to demon lords — what delightful impudence! Well, if there is anything redeeming about insanity, it is ignorance of boundaries it brings, the refusal to accept the existence of limits. It usually leads the insane to a pitiful death, and, very rarely, to an incredible breakthrough, one that could never be made by rational folk who know what is possible and impossible. The little preacher already has her own congregation, who revere her as something akin to a saint. What will she achieve next?
The Wayward Tips & Tricks
- Node to get to the Shrine
For anyone having the problem to progress beyond "Wait to see how things unfold" , try resting at Drezen.
For me weeks passed without anything happening but then I slept at Drezen which I never do. And the first thing after the rest was a court room encounter to tell me that Ember was kidnapped.
I cant freaking trigger quest to get past point of "Wait to see how things unfold"
I have been visiting her over and over and now queen has arrived and freaking quest still didnt move forward
If you do this quest after "The Wicked" (Alushinyrra), Nocticula come for save Ember.
This quest is bugged if im not wrong
I kill the demons,tell her that demons are demons no converting them,killed the cultists and told her to stop her sermons to demon lords
And come back to drezen and she has nothing new to say and the cultists are in a prison alive and it fails
The fail part i get
I didnt alow her to continue with her stupidity but...why are the cultists that i killed in jail and not dead?