Market Square is a Location in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Market Square can be found at Kenabres. The city fair with lots of attractions and live music was in full swing when the demons attacked. Now the pavement is stained red with blood and a gaping rift cuts the square in two. This is the place where the demon lord Deskari cleaved the land with his terrible scythe, marking the beginning of the demonic invasion of Mendev.
Market Square Information
- There are multiple encounters on this map. You need to fight cultists, zombies, rat swarms, and other enemies of evil alignment. Protection from Evil/Chaos can be a very useful spell here.
- There are several soldiers you meet the first time you enter the area. One of these is a Desnan adept in disguise, which you can uncover after you find the other adept (Quest Starward Gaze).
- To the west, in the area of Market Square that you saw during the prologue, there are two important items required for the secret Ending:
- Inside the house where you saved Ember, there's an incomplete summoning ritual. If you pass a Knowledge Arcana check (DC 20), you can complete it. The summoned Vrock will appear near the broken tower in the middle of the map. The Vrock itself won't drop anything, but you can loot a +2 Mithral Heavy Shield from one of the three nearby crusaders it killed.
- You can save a group of tieflings on the west side of the map with an Athletics check and convince them to help at Defender's Heart. The secret path to Gray Garrison (Quest The Burning City) can be located here as well.
- Some mongrels can be found in the bottom middle of the map. You can ask them to help ambush the cultists later when you attack Gray Garrison.
- There is a house southwest from you can find the mongrels, where you can go in (near a burning building), and run into some Dretch and one Brimorak - the latter one drops the Abrupt Force, which is a +1 Cold Iron Scimitar, which force the enemy to make a DC:13 Fortitude saving throw, or get stunned for 1 round. This effect activates, when you hit, and only once per round - be it a success or a failure. In the same house you can find Crusader Berenguer's Letter Home.(which is a simple letter) and the Signet of House Vespertilio - an usable item, which grant on each day once a +5 bonus on a circumstance bonus on a chosen skill. The skill will be decided just befure you use, and lasts for one hour - except if you remove the item before the effect ends, as it will immediatly dismiss it. Behind a trap you also can find a Piece of a Holy Symbol.
- If you solved Feud of the Faithful peacefully, Hulrun can join the defense of Defender's Heart. (If you failed to solve the feud before the assault on Defender's Heart, this quest will fail.)
- In the basement of the northern house, you can loot a Scroll of See Invisibility. This should be used now to help you spot he Shadow Demon lurking nearby (Resist Cold also helps). Kill it and clear the blockage to loot Wicked Longbow. Alternatively, walking a character next to where its hiding will reveal it as well.
- The southwest section of the map is accessible by jumping down from the cliff (Mobility check), just south of the Tieflings and the secret path to the Gray Garrison.
- In the northeast you can fight several cultists and a necromancer who will drop Dark Horn.
- When you return to Market Square after the attack on Defender's Heart, you will encounter new spawns of tougher enemies:
- Difficult fight with a Nabasu where the necromancer was previously
- A couple undead horses in the southwest corner, and couple of enemies around the map (press M and direct your team by right click to check the whole area. Worth of 5 ghuls x 18xp, 4 Abrikandilu x27, 7 plagued horses x27, 4 rats x22=475xp)
- If you assault the Gray Garrison before the demons have a chance to attack Defender's Heart (or if you skip the attack via game bugs), you won't be able to fight the new enemy spawns in Market Square. However, you will receive some loot from Irabeth as a reward (see A Stay of Execution).
NPCs at Market Square
Quests related to Market Square
Market Square Map
Market Square Notes & Tips
- Other notes...