Not affected by target's spell resistance
Equal Force is a Mythic Spell in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Each Mythic Path contains its own unique set of spells. Equal Force is a level 2 Abjuration spell. Mythic Spells have the same use as regular Spells, but are classified as the more powerful set of spells and can turn the tide of a battle. Like other spells, these spells can be prepared in advance-whether from a spellbook or through prayers-while some cast spells spontaneously without preparation.
Equal Force Information
- Level: 2
- School: Abjuration
- Spell Effect: You make your allies attacks more uniform. Full BAB attacks made by the target get a -2 penalty, but all attacks with BAB-10 or worse get a +5 bonus on attack rolls. The effect lasts for 10 minutes per caster level.
One friendly creature within close range.
- Duration: --
- Saving Throw: --
- Spell Resistance: Not affected by target's spell resistance
- Spell Descriptors: --
- Casting Time: Standard action
How to Acquire Equal Force
Equal Force can be accessed through the following Mythic Paths:
Equal Force can be cast by using the following Items:
- Item ??
- Weapon ??
- Armor ??
Equal Force Tips & Notes
- Contrary to what the spell description implies, the -2 penalty is only applied to the attacks that do not get a +5 bonus, not all attacks.
- As of 1.3.7 this is the case, and this may be an unintentional game mechanic. The reason why this may be unintended is because with this implementation, a typical character's third attack will actually be more accurate than their second attack. If instead, all attacks had a -2 penalty and the +5 bonus was simply added on top of it (instead of replacing it), then the net effect of the +5 bonus would be to make a typical character's second and third attack exactly as accurate, which would be more in line with the name of the spell.
- For a character who has a +15 / 10 / 5 set of attacks, with this spell they effectively instead have a +13 / 8 / 10 set of attacks. For a character with +20 / 15 / 10 / 5 set of attacks, they instead have +18 / 13 / 15 / 10. On characters that only get up to a +10 / 5 set of attacks, this spell acts only as a debuff (they end up with +8/3).
- The bonuses are only used during combat, so won't show up on your character sheet.
- Equal Force ignores the effects of Flawless Attacks in determining whether or not an attack gets a -2 penalty or a +5 bonus.
- Example: a character with base +20/15/10/5 attacks will have +20/16/12/6 with Flawless Attacks. Despite the fact that the third attack is technically not BAB-10 or worse (it is only BAB-8), it will still get a +5 bonus.
- As of 1.3.7, there is a bug where the game seems to sometimes get confused (perhaps when mounted and hasted) and may start applying the the +5 bonus starting with the second iterative attack instead of the third.