The Light Within
The Light Within is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
What a deviously ironic twist of fate - the one who has the light of Heaven inside him has been rejected by the goddess whose chosen one he was considered to be. The very thought of an angel created in a laboratory is the worst kind of blasphemy, after all, to say nothing of one made with the blood of fallen demon lords. So what will the self-proclaimed angel do, now that he has refused to renounce that which the goddess expressly denied him?
Intercept the demon army near the Shrine of Pulura
- The secret shrine is under threat - the demon called Mutasafen is leading an army there. The Commander's allies have rushed off in pursuit. What will they say once they learn Iomedae's verdict? Will the shrine stand or fall? How can one stop a demon who so deftly evades death?
Visit Mutasafen in his secret hideout
- Targona is in trouble. However, the proud angel chose this fate willingly - she allowed herself to be captured to give the Commander a chance to track down the cunning demon who has escaped punishment for so long. It is time to put an end to this story.
Meet the Hand of the Inheritor once again
- Iomedae herself revealed that her herald was not killed, but imprisoned by Baphomet. The golden-winged angel has played an important role in the Commander's fate. Meeting him face to face will be like looking in a mirror. What will the reflection show?
Learn Queen Galfreys' fate
- The proud and overconfident queen has gone missing somewhere in the depths of the Worldwound. Will she reject the Commander as her heavenly patroness did?
- The Holy Wardens are together again, and they stand ready to help the Commander fight a demon lord of the Abyss, and not for the first time. Is there a target more worthy of being cut down by heavenly blades than Iomedae's old foe, the lord of the Abyss and self-proclaimed Usher of the Apocalypse?
Go to the temple of Iomedae in Drezen
- All debts have been paid, all decisions have been made. Now the Commander has but one thing to do - follow the chosen path until the end.
Step 1. Intercept the demon army near the Shrine of Pulura. Just take your party there and kill the demons. If you recruited Nurah via the Trickster option (doing as it was before you select your path), you can save both the people and library, as she prevents Mustafen from escaping. He still shows up in step 2, though.
Step 2. Go west of the Sinister Mansion and then turn south to Mustafen's Laboratory. Enter, free Targona, and confront Mustafen. Take the Angel option to kill Mustafen and heal Targona.
Step 3. Go to Iz and meet up with Galfrey.
Step 4. Finish Iz and kill Deskari. Your paladin/angel walking wardstones will prevent him from escaping.
Step 5. Go to the Ineluctable Prison. Get the Heart of the Herald of the Inheritor, and give it back to him.
Step 6. go to the Temple in Drezen. Iomedae, her Herald, and your walking wardstones have a chat. You get the next mythic rank. Depending on your earlier choice, you become either an Angel of Salvation or an Angel of Retribution.
You also get the Unbroken Attribute at the end of this: All allies in a 30' radius received DR 10/-. Angel can active his Sword of Heaven ability one more time per day.
The Light Within important NPCs
- NPCs go here..
The Light Within Completed quest information
Was that a series of trials, or merely a voluntarily chosen path? But who could argue that the Commander, though not a properly ascended angel, has done more than most of Heaven's warriors?
- Notes and tips go here