A Strike from the Sky
A Strike from the Sky is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gear and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
The Fighters, accustomed to thinking in just two dimensions, were unprepared for an attack from the sky. The winged creatures attacked the camp, jeopardizing the success of the entire offensive.
Survive the night attack
- The camp has been attacked from the sky. The attack must be repelled at all costs.
Go to the Lost Chapel
- The attack has been repelled, but many crusaders were captured. Now they're in the gargoyle nest in the Lost Chapel, waiting to be rescued. If they're not immediately rescued, there will be no one left to save.
Rescue the prisoners
- Demons are capturing mortals alive, and they won't keep them imprisoned for long. Some of the abducted are already dead, and others have risen again as ghouls. But many others might still be saved.
- The gargoyles and ghouls are led by a demon with unusual abilities - the same that the Knight Commander now has. What's more, the traitor Staunton Vhane has been seen in the chapel. This is surely a trap - but will it be strong enough to hold its victims?
Talk to Anevia
- Their losses were great, but the crusaders rescued as many as they could. Facing an equal opponent also awakened new powers in the Commander. It's time to count the losses and discuss what's happened.
- An encounter will trigger when your party reaches the war camp southeast of Drezen.
- The camp is under attack by Gargoyles; you need to wipe them out while finding your other teammates. Lann will join you in the commander's tent, Camellia and Seelah can be found elsewhere in the camp. Take an immediate right after leaving the command tent, and you can find Nurah amid the burning tents. If you succeed a hidden perception check here, you can catch her doing something suspicious.
- Woljif will temporarily leave the party. You may later find him in the quest Crescent of the Abyss.
- The crusaders can help you a lot when fighting Gargoyles, if your character is a caster with low HP. Use these crusaders to tank the Gargoyles, while you use spells from a safe distance.
- The leader of the Gargoyles will take Irabeth and your other companions as prisoners at Lost Chapel.
- A little north from the crusader's camp at Lost Chapel, you can find Ember and Daeran, who just managed to escape from their captors.
- If you spared Yaker at Reliable Redoubt, and let the Hell Knights join the crusade, you will meet him at the top side of this map, helping crusaders to escape.
- Sosiel is at the top right of the map, finding him progresses his personal quest, A Veil of Silence.
- Not far from Sosiel you will meet a wounded crusader, and some ghouls pretending to be corpses trying to ambush you. Prepare to attack, without warning them, so you can save that crusader.
- Further down the road, Regill is fighting some gargoyles with his units. You can let him join your team or send him to the foot of the mountain.
- Keep moving forward, you can save a crusader from the pile of bodies if you pass a mobility check.
- The gate of the lost chapel is guarded by ghouls, cultists, and succubi. Inside, you will find the ghouls are trying to execute the prisoners. Defeat them and loot for Amulet of Mighty Fist +2 and a Light Shield +2. (If you pass the Intimidation or Diplomacy check, you can prevent one prisoner from converting)
- In the basement of the Lost Chapel, you will meet Zacharius, a legendary hero of the crusade. However, he turns out to be a lich forced into the crusade. If you refuse to return his wand to him, you will need to fight him. (It's a very difficult battle. However, as a Lich, he is vulnerable to positive energy. Use protection from evil and protection from chaos on your team, and use summoned creatures to tank for you.
- Once defeated, Zacharius drops Dried hand of Martyr, CHA+2 headband, Natural Armor +1, Amulet of Protection +1, Ring of Protection +1, and a Cloak of Resistance +1.
- If you return the wand to him, he will be freed with a promise to meet you again in the future. Note that this is an Evil action. (This is required for the Lich Mythic Path)
- Captured crusaders can be found across the Lost Chapel. If you managed to pass the Stealth check and kill the ghoul tormentors you can free them. In case you don't manage to pass the check, the crusaders will be killed.
- Irabeth is in one of the rooms in the chapel; free her to progress the quest. (If Queen Galfrey joined the crusade, she can also be found in the chapel, and can help you clear Enemies.)
- Prepare your team before venturing forth; Nulkineth waits right next to Irabeth's cell. Once you take down this enemy (loot: Flail of False Hope, Belt of Mighty Constitution, Cloak of Resistance +2), you will unlock the second level of Mythic Hero class.
- Once you have cleared the enemies inside the chapel, you can descend to the foot of the mountain using the path through the graveyard. There are lots of ghouls and Gargoyles wandering in this area, but you will also find lots of valuable loot, namely a +2 DR3/pierce chain shirt in a cave.
- The Shrine of Desna can be solved by acquiring the Small Harp (found inside the cave) and the Small Sextant (dropped by a Kabiri Cultist at the eastern edge of the snowy area outside). Place the two items on shrine (along with the map already there) and click the hand interaction icons in this order: Middle, Right, Left, Middle. Click again on the shrine and you'll find a +3 Throwing Axe of Silence. This will also allow you recruit Arueshalae during the attack on Drezen.
- Return to the Crusader's camp and talk to Anevia to complete the quest.
- If you found suspicious perfume in Nurah's tent, and caught her setting the fire, you can challenge her now. She will be revealed as a spy of the demonic army, however, if you pick trickster Mythic Path, you can try to recruit her.
A Strike from the Sky important NPCs
A Strike from the Sky Completed quest information
Drezen's current masters had hoped to undercut the crusader's offensive. Instead, they only made the Knight Commander even stronger. The message was unmistakable: be afraid, they are coming for you. The demons are starting to realize that they have been hounded into a corner - but that only makes them more dangerous.
- Once you return to the Crusader's Camp, speak to Wilcer Garms and answer his question to receive a bonus to your crusade until the end of Act 2.