Beaten But Not Broken
Beaten But Not Broken is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
Beaten But Not Broken Information
Drezen was home to the Commander and his companions for some time. It would be naive to assume that the demons had forgotten this fact, or that they would not seek revenge.
Beaten But Not Broken Objectives
Find the way to the Surface
- The familiar path into Drezen is now closed to the Commander. But when one door closes, another opens. It is only a matter of finding it.
Help the One-Eyed Devil in the tavern
- The Half Measure tavern is just as popular among demons as it is among humans. Naturally, Anevia thought it would be perfect place to do some spying. But every fighter is needed for the attack, so the spy must be retrieved.
Help Hilor in the dungeons
- There are some crusaders who have neither been killed by the demons nor escaped their clutches some have been locked up in the dungeons so General Orengofta can have his fun. However, these prisoners can still fight. At least, that is the opinion of Hilor the Pathfinder, who has volunteered to set them free.
Strike the Bell of Mercy
- The Bell of Mercy has long since fallen into disuse. It is time for the Commander to strike it and increase his allies' chances of success.
Talk to the Storyteller
- The Storyteller has gone to the Commander's former study to find out something important — where exactly the Queen was leading her army.
Take Back Drezen
- The hour of courage has come. Once again, the Commander must prove that the crusaders are worthy of holding Drezen.
Beaten But Not Broken Walkthrough
- Walkthrough of Beaten But Not Broken go here
Beaten But Not Broken important NPCs
Beaten But Not Broken Completed quest information
The Commander has once again revealed a miracle to the crusaders. But not all miracles fill hearts with wonder. Some fill hearts with fear instead. It all depends on what the Commander's soul yearns to do — bring terror or blessing.
Beaten But Not Broken Tips & Tricks
- You only have time to save one location between the tavern or the prison, when you arrive to the second location you will find the people in there dead. (Needs more testing, might be different trigger)
- You can save Hilor, the prisoners and the Tavern people. To do so you have to go to Hilor first and when you talk to him take the (Evil) option of abandoning the Prisoners. Then, proceed to save the prisoners without Hilor, then save the Tavern people. The Tavern people would still be alive when you get there.
- Another option to save everyone is game mechanic abuse. "Kill tavern folks" trigger is placed between middle cages in the prison. If you teleport through it, save prisoners and teleport out Hilor's part of quest will be complete and he will be alive even if you activate trigger in tavern. (Works for v1.1.4i)
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Forgot to mention, despite saving both One-Eyed Devil & Fye in the Tavern, and Hilor in the Prison, there was still an inspectable mark on the floor of the prison that said Hilor died there with his sword in his hand. But he didn't. He walked out of the building and I was able to interact with him in the Inn later and continue his quest(s).
I don't know what the trigger is, but you CAN save both groups. In my playthrough I didn't rest at all between arriving in Drezen and saving both groups. I also rang the Bell of Mercy first, and tried to keep as many Crusader NPCs alive in town as possible (they die really quickly). In the end, I was able to save both groups, and received a decree that said that due to many of the crusaders being saved, some were coming to my banner (received troops in campaign mode - not sure what kind; also not sure if you always get this completed decree).