A Step Away from Defeat
|Learn more about the nature of Mythic Paths
A Step Away from Defeat is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
Drezen was home to the Commander and his companions for some time. It would be naive to assume that the demons had forgotten this fact, or that they would not seek revenge.
Find the way to the Surface
- The familiar path into Drezen is now closed to the Commander. But when one door closes, another opens. It is only a matter of finding it.
Meet the One-Eyed Devil in the tavern
- The Half Measure tavern has turned out to be a decent bastion for holding off the demons charging the citadel. But now its defenders must be notified that all troops are being assembled.
Meet Hilor in the dungeons
- The dungeons are well suited for keeping enemies in and out. However, to repel the attack of the two demon generals, the Commander will require all available troops. The time for sitting behind the walls has passed.
Strike the Bell of Mercy
- The Bell of Mercy has long since fallen into disuse. It is time for the Commander to strike it and increase his allies' chances of success.
Talk to the Storyteller
- The Storyteller has gone to the Commander's former study to find out something important — where exactly the Queen was leading her army.
- The hour of courage has come. Once again, the Commander must prove that the crusaders are worthy of holding Drezen.
- If you moved the Bell of Mercy to Drezen, you can now ring it to weaken the demons.
- If you spared Minago (quest Minagho's Desperation), she will appear at Drezen and gets killed.
- You have to chose to Help Hilor at prison, or One-Eyed Devil in the tavern (unless you have a wardstone in Drezen; you can also go to Hilor and tell him to let the prisoners die, then you have time to save the tavern too.)
- You can find the storyteller in the main fort, after that, a long cutscene will trigger, you will learn more about the nature of mythic power, and make decision about to keep it, chose another path (Gold Dragon, Swarm or Devil), or become a legend. Note you choice of path will affect people around you, and your city.
A Step Away from Defeat important NPCs
A Step Away from Defeat Completed quest information
The Commander has once again revealed a miracle to the crusaders. But not all miracles fill hearts with wonder. Some fill hearts with fear instead. It all depends on what the Commander's soul yearns to do — bring terror or blessing.
- Note and tips goe here...