The Dragon Hunt
|Reward||Important loot includes Bracers of Abrupt Onslaught and a Half of the Pair Amulet.|
The Dragon Hunt is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
The Dragon Hunt Information
Despite their high intelligence and outstanding cognitive abilities, when evil dragons perceive other species, they revert to their basest primal instincts. Like a giant, mindless, flesh-eating leech, they consider everything other than themselves food. A rumor has spread among the crusaders about a large and vicious dragon that has been raiding the scout patrols. This particular specimen does not seem remotely concerned by their weapons. She swoops down onto the soldiers, and then flies away, having snatched several victims to devour in her lair.
The Dragon Hunt Objectives
Talk to the bounty hunter in the tavern
Given their lack of experience in dragon hunting, it is unlikely that the crusaders will meet with much success in their attempt to track down and kill such a cunning, adult specimen. However, Irabeth claims that a reputable bounty hunter is currently staying in the town's tavern. It would be wise to seek his help.
The bounty hunter is more than willing to assist you in tracking down the dragon. However, he is only willing to do so for the substantial, though not unreasonable, sum of 2500 gold.
Travel with Greybor to the Grimwood and set up an ambush for the dragon
Greybor claims that he has a plan to track down this dragon. The first step is to set up an ambush in the Grimwood Forest.
Track down the dragon
The dragon was deeply wounded. As she fled, she left behind a trail of blood that the bounty hunter can use to track her to her lair.
Kill the dragon in her lair
The dragon's lair has been discovered. It is of vital importance that the Commander finish off the dragon, rather than allow her to escape again and recover from her wounds.
Track down and kill the dragon in the Ivory Sanctum
Fortune favors the Commander today. The dragon that has lately been abducting his people was recently spotted by a crusader regiment as she flew towards the Ivory Sanctum. The Commander has a chance to put an end to her atrocities.
Inform Irabeth of the victory
The dragon is dead. However, the people of Drezen do not yet know that her reign of terror has ended. No doubt Irabeth will spread the news throughout the city as soon as the Commander informs her of his victory.
The Dragon Hunt Walkthrough
- After you take Drezen, go to the tavern in the upper right corner of Drezen and find the dwarf Greybor. The same one you met in the Estrod tower. Hire him to hunt the dragon. You have to pay him 2500 gold. He will appear among your Companions.
- Travel west with Greybor. On the way to Grimwood, you will be attacked by a dragon. Defeat her. Get to Grimwood, talk to Greybor and ambush the dragon.
- She will flee, leaving a trail of blood behind her. Leave the location. On the right, under Drezen, a location will appear, which is called the Blood Trail.
- Once you reach there, you need to pass a few checks to realize that the dragon has gone south. Note that if you fail the first two checks there won't be major consequences, but failing the third one, (Athletics 31), will spawn the party in front of the dragon, making it an easy target for her fire. Go down from blood trail to Artisan's Tower.
- You need to pass several more checks before you finally reach the tower, you can let Greybor do them for you.
- The dragon can be found with the Storyteller, if you stay there long enough you can hear the Storyteller telling the stories of Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
- Ambush the dragon, do not let her flee. She will fly to the second-floor. Focus your whole party on her to prevent her fleeing. If she manages to escape, she will burn the Storyteller's books and the Quest will fail.
- You can find some scrolls in the tower, and some Mandragora below the ruin's basement. Important loot includes Bracers of Abrupt Onslaught and a Half of the Pair Amulet. To progress the quest, you need to find the Elven Notes
- You can recruit Greybor permanently as a party member. To do so, you have to pay him 12500 Gold coins. You can also pay him 25000 gold. During a future event he may betray you if he doesn't like what you had to say during your conversations, and the 25000 gold option should prevent this.
- Head to Drezen's Citadel and meet up with the Storyteller. Hand the Elven Notes to him to learn more about his past. If you have Terendelev's Claw you can give it to him, leading him to reveal Terendelev's Lair, an important place if you want to unlock the Dragon Mythic Path.
The Dragon Hunt Important NPCs
The Dragon Hunt Completed Quest Information
The hunt is over. The crusaders will never again be disturbed by the dragon's deadly rampages, and people no longer look to the sky in fear.
The Dragon Hunt Tips & Tricks
- The dragon has very high AC (40 on Core difficulty) and since it comes from natural armor, doesn't get any reductions for being flat-footed. You will most likely need good buffs to get decent hit chances. However, its touch AC is very low.
- Fire resistance is also extremely important.
so you can't just go exploring and find the dragon, you have to pay to play. god-awful game design. you MUST hire this useless merc, or the dragon wont exist in your world. well, if it doesn't exist, why is it a problem? because it's terrorizing your lands! how can it terrorize my lands if it doesn't exist? you pay NOW! fine dungeon master, let me mod out my money, because i refuse to waste once cent on this bull crap. terrible writing, great music. that's the game.
There's a Lesser Kineticist Rod kind of hidden in the third room in the basement. The camera appears bugged, so you can't really see into the room, but you can still highlight the chest with [tab] and loot it.
1. "Yo let's go to dragon's lair to set up a trap!"
2. Dragon attacks halfway through in a "random" unavoidable counter.
4. Everybody dies from a single breath attack, even the tank MC immune to magic and with anti-fire gear.
Owlcat sure know how to make their game fun. As if I didn't have enough fun having to carry 20 spare scrolls of Freedom of Movement because every nabasu spams Hold Person, Mass which is bugged and ignores everything that isn't complete immunity or that one incubus who is so ridiculously overpowered I had to multiply the entire's party HP tenfold with a save editor to survive the encounter and he still killed half of them.
Later on you can find her eggs being taken hostage, can you not go there quickly and free them and tell her to stop working for the demons? Anyone try?
Do not resurrect as Lich using Repurpose!
It will dome your party with friendly fire.