A Common Cause
A Common Cause is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
A Common Cause Information
In troubled times, some people set aside old feuds, while others cling to them until their dying breath. As they prepare for their final attack on the Gray Garrison, the crusaders are gathering all the allies they can — even those whom the crusaders would have scorned before the city's destruction.
A Common Cause Objectives
Gather allies for the attack on the Gray Garrison
- How many people are there still alive in the city who can hold a weapon or cast a spell? Potential allies may be found in the most unlikely of places.
A Common Cause Walkthrough
You receive this Quest from Irabeth, when you wake up at Defender's Heart. You can recruit 3 different factions to your side:
You can save a group of Tieflings at the western side of the Market Square.
- Head to Market Square, and on the western side of the map, near a collapsed building, you will see some tieflings trying to get one of their brethren out of the rubble.
- If you pass the Athletics check you will earn 69 Experience. The Tieflings will introduce themselves, and you will net another 368 Experience points. After the conversation, the tieflings will join the crusaders.
West of the Tieflings is an Athletics point, on the other side and further south-west you can find a group of Mongrels who are willing to join with some light convincing.
If you solved Feud of the Faithful peacefully, you can send Hulrun or Ramien (not both) and their men to help.
Head to the Blackwing Library. Talk to Chaleb, he is alongside a group of men trying to burn a group of traitors. During the conversation, you will have three different checks to learn what is really going on here. You learn that the traitors are actually Chaleb and his team. (Needs to be done before the attack on Defender's Heart, otherwise they will be burned already.)
- Once you defeat Chaleb, free the Crusaders, you will find the Storyteller among them. He will thank you for rescuing him. Klaem, the young crusader that you have also saved, will thank you too. You can also ask him about how they ended up tied up. When you are done asking questions, tell them to head to the Defender's Heart. In your journal, you can see that the Knights of the Flaming Lance have joined the crusaders.
- If you delay too long before reaching the Blackwing Library the crusaders will already be dead and you will be unable to recruit the Flaming Lance. (you need to do it before attack on Defender's Heart)
Completed Quest Information
The time for preparing for the attack and finding allies has passed. No matter how many warriors are on the crusaders' side, now it's time for all of them to fight!
A Common Cause Tips & Tricks
- There is a house at the south, where you can run into some Dretch and one Brimorak - the latter one drops the Abrupt Force, which is a +1 Cold Iron Scimitar, which force the enemy to make a DC:13 Fortitude saving throw, or get stunned for 1 round. This effect activates, when you hit, and only once per round - be it a success or a failure.
This quest is currently bugged and impossible to complete.
What happens if you kill too many to get enough to attack...? I think that's what Helen's to my game now I can't progress..
Does the quest ever actually get marked as complete? Also it said I intimidated the mongrels into joining in the dialog, but there's no bullet point in the quest. Did I miss something?
You can also cause the traitors to run away by using the trickster mythic path options-literally just bluff your way to victory but requires good diplomacy-
To get the non-deep-fried library folks, you have to get on Blackwing Library as soon as practical when you get the quest, and definitely before the Inn attack.
Basically grab Woljif from the basement of the Inn, and head to the library with whoever you have.
How to recruit mongles in Market place? Wendu with me, but mongrels scare of me and did not join.
Just found out if you side with Ramien, when you go on and attack gray garrison they show up and put vermlek to sleep. Hulrun doesn't do ****, another reason to kill this *******.
If you don't save Kleam and his crusader wizards at the Blackwing library before the attack on Defender's heart happens the cultists will already be burning them when you walk in. Just happened to me and thought I'd share.
How do you save the knights? The moment i enter the black library they are already on fire, then a cutscene starts and they die.
what do you mean you cant have both, i got both to go to the inn