The Last Gift of a Brilliant Mind is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
Even in the face of death, a mortal will keep looking for a way to slip through its cold fingers until they draw their last breath. When Sarkoris was in its final, agonizing days, preparing to be consigned to history, the Blackwater clan kept fighting, crafting a new, never-before-seen weapon against the demons. Their efforts, evidently, were cut short, but it does make one wonder - how close did that unknown genius come to their goal, which could have changed the course of history? And would their final gift be capable of changing the future if it came into the Commander's possession?
Visit the Blackwater clan settlement
- A Kellid by the name of Velg has pointed the Commander toward a possible location where a settlement of the Blackwater clan once stood. Records show that these Sarkorians were working on some sort of ultimate weapon capable of defeating the Worldwound. They did not get the chance to finish their project, but some of their progress may have survived.
Cut through the enemy's defenses
- The ancient retreat of the Blackwater clan was never abandoned. It is defended by dangerous guards who set a trap in anticipation of the Commander's arrival. He must fight his way to the heart of the settlement to find whoever lured the crusade leader here.
- The Commander has been drawn into a trap set by the insidious Numerian spellcaster known as Hundred-Face. To avoid becoming his next puppet, the crusade leader must defeat the fearsome mage.
Decide the fate of the Device
- Before his death, Hundred-Face gave the Commander the secret codes that grant control over the sinister Device. This machine holds great military potential should the crusade armies choose to use it. However, not every commander would opt to turn their warriors into puppets whose minds are dominated by this disquieting mechanism.
- This location is located in the west region of the worldwound. (Northwest to Ivory Sanctum)
- The guardians here use tesla coil as defence. Use protection from lightning spell to protect your team. (can be disabled with trickery.)
- The correct combination to open the front gate is Triangle, Rhombus, Circle with dot.
- In westmost hall, you can find a key that unlock most doors in this location. The other locked doors require flaming lockpick fuel to open, however, you can use dimensional door spell to by pass them.
- Keep exploring the location carefully, there's one room you need to use the control panel to remove the hazard substance (hand, then wind.) to enter.
- The final boss Hundred-Face is at the northwest corner of the location. To reach him, you need to send one of your team members across the bridge and disable the arcane emitter first.
- Disable the four crystal devices near the Hundred-face to defeat him. If you keep the machine, you will get a special crusade project later, to transform your troops to cyborg. You may also use Dimension Door to teleport right next to him, bypassing the force field.
The Last Gift of a Brilliant Mind Important Map
The Last Gift of a Brilliant Mind Completed quest information
Hundred-Face possessed the type of brilliance that only comes along once in a generation, but even he was not omniscient. By luring more and more enemies into his trap, he learned, he improved his strategies and defenses, but... he was still unfit to challenge the Commander. The genius has fallen, and his last gift now serves as the victor's trophy.
- Stormlord's Resolve bracer can be found in southeast room.
- Notes and tips go here