While the World Burns
While the World Burns is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteouss. Quests can provide a unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
The inquisitor of the Church of Iomedae wants to discuss a matter of exceptional importance with the Commander. This is how secrets of the past knock on the doors of the present: what's hidden in the dark always comes to light. Mortals like to believe that some mystical principles are involved, but they are mostly wrong. It is just that there is always some nimble mind or a dangerously curious soul whose thirst for knowledge will overcome any obstacle, for better or for worse.
Talk to Inquisitor Liotr as soon as possible
- The Inquisitor is waiting for the Commander in the camp for an important discussion
Secure an invitation to Heaven's Edge from Daeran
- The matter that brought the stern Liotr Hawkblade to the Commander concerns Daeran Arendae's mysterious past. Ten years ago the demons slaughtered everyone at the Heaven's Edge estate, and the house was abandoned shortly after. Now the Inquisitor needs to get the Count's permission to revisit Heaven's Edge and uncover its secrets.
Go to Heaven's Edge
- The site of numerous gruesome deaths is soon to become the heart of fun and revelry. The Count wishes to celebrate his birthday at the old estate. The Commander should accompany Daeran on his trips, and Inquisitor Liotr will follow close behind.
Distract Daeran in the yard
- The Inquisitor wants to conduct his investigation discreetly. The Commander needs to find a way to distract the Count, as he might stand in Liotr's way.
Lure Daeran out of the room
- The next place the Inquisitor wants to examine is the room Daeran chose to stay in tonight
Occupy Daeran's attention in the hall
- Liotr wants to see the place where he found the dead demons on that fateful day: the manor's great hall. The Count must not see him snooping around.
Check on Inquisitor Liotr
- So here lies the solution to this puzzle. A mysterious supernatural entity caused the unfortunate events ten years ago. The truth shocked the Inquisitor so much that he fainted... Or is something worse afoot?
- You need to talk to Liotr and distract Daeran.
- Let Liotr examine the three locations and learn what happened in the past.
- Light the alcohol on fire in the courtyard to activate the fire suppression system
- Talk to Liotr - he will have a vision.
- Go to the bedroom and suggest that Daeren have a nude portrait painted by Sosiel. You can also suggest, that he can ask either Camellia or Seelah to dance.
- Liotr will investigate the bedroom and have another vision.
- Go to the main hall and wait for Daeran's conversation with the cleric to end. He'll walk over to a table.
- Suggest to Daeren a drinking competition against one member of your party.
- Take Daeren's side over Lann when prompted.
- Daeren will get sick and leave.
- Liotr will have another vision and be overwhelmed.
- Liotr will tell you about the Other and ask you to keep it a secret.
- Quest end.
While the World Burns important NPCs
While the World Burns Completed quest information
Everyone has their own deep dark secrets, and the Commander has just involuntarily uncovered one of them.
- If you are an Inquisitor, Liotr Hawkblade gives you the Goggles of Dreadful Judge if you help & you agree to keep Daeran's secret.