Prisoner of the Abyss
Prisoner of the Abyss is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
Where did the demon in the black mask take his victim? Perhaps he is hiding out somewhere in Alushinyrra? Even this flimsy lead is enough for Sosiel to march onward. He vowed to find his brother - an impossible quest, just like all the classic myths. Let's just hope it won't end in tragedy like such myths usually do.
Talk to the demon in the black mask
- The soldiers who served with Trever said that he was kidnapped by a demon wearing a black mask. A masked demon is involved in the slave trade in Alushinyrra, which may or may not be a coincidence. Better ask him in person and uncover the truth.
Find out the names of the masked demon's buyers
- The demon in the black mask will not be telling anyone anything ever again. Still, Alushinyrra is not a deserted wasteland - quite the opposite, it's a lively city full of sharp eyes and even sharper ears. Someone around here must know who has been buying this demon's stock - and if Trever was among those slaves.
Talk to the Battlebliss steward
- The masked trader has been supplying gladiators to the Battlebliss Arena. This information narrows the search significantly. Now it's time to ask the arena steward if Trever managed to survive his battles.
Organize a meeting for Sosiel and his brother
- The man once known as Trever Vaenic now bears the fear-indicing nickname "The Dire One," and holds the title of reigning champion of the Battlebliss Arena. It's possible to meet him - if one is brave enough to step into the ring.
Talk to Trever
- Is Sosiel even ready to meet his brother and find out the hard way what happens to people thrown into the pits of the Battlebliss Arena? Hardly. Though, ready or not, he must now face the champion. It is too late to turn back.
- During the quest Experiencing the Bliss, you were taken as slave inside the arena for a time. However, you can take opportuniy and explore the cells of other gladitors.
- You meet The Dire-One in one of the cells, if you passed the perception check, you will recognised him to be the brother of Sosiel.
- Talk to Sosiel in Nexus, then back to arena and demand they meet each other. However, the owner only agrees in one condition, upon the arena.
- Let Sosiel fight his brother alone, choose to raise Trever's shield (the Immaculate Petal, from the Lost Chapel) to help him regain consciousness. Then you can chose to denounce him or support him: if you support Trever, his shield will be upgraded and you need to fight another batch of demons to get out.
Prisoner of the Abyss important NPCs
Prisoner of the Abyss Completed quest information
Sosiel vowed to find his brother even in the very depths of the Abyss - and he stayed true to his word. Was it worth it? Perhaps the young cleric would have been happier if he hadn't learned what the endless war had done to Trever. But who ever said that happiness was his goal? For better or worse, he has found what he was seeking and he now must decide how to live with it.
- If you have already killed the slave traders and the owner of the Black Mask, you can instead go to the Bad Luck Tavern in the Lower City and pay the bartender 1500 Gold to be told that Trever was sold to the Battlebliss arena.