Prisoner of the Abyss
Prisoner of the Abyss is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
Prisoner of the Abyss Information
Where did the demon in the black mask take his victim? Perhaps he is hiding out somewhere in Alushinyrra? Even this flimsy lead is enough for Sosiel to march onward. He vowed to find his brother - an impossible quest, just like all the classic myths. Let's just hope it won't end in tragedy like such myths usually do.
Prisoner of the Abyss Objectives
Talk to the demon in the black mask
- The soldiers who served with Trever said that he was kidnapped by a demon wearing a black mask. A masked demon is involved in the slave trade in Alushinyrra, which may or may not be a coincidence. Better ask him in person and uncover the truth.
Find out the names of the masked demon's buyers
- The demon in the black mask will not be telling anyone anything ever again. Still, Alushinyrra is not a deserted wasteland - quite the opposite, it's a lively city full of sharp eyes and even sharper ears. Someone around here must know who has been buying this demon's stock - and if Trever was among those slaves.
Talk to the Battlebliss steward
- The masked trader has been supplying gladiators to the Battlebliss Arena. This information narrows the search significantly. Now it's time to ask the arena steward if Trever managed to survive his battles.
Organize a meeting for Sosiel and his brother
- The man once known as Trever Vaenic now bears the fear-indicing nickname "The Dire One," and holds the title of reigning champion of the Battlebliss Arena. It's possible to meet him - if one is brave enough to step into the ring.
Talk to Trever
- Is Sosiel even ready to meet his brother and find out the hard way what happens to people thrown into the pits of the Battlebliss Arena? Hardly. Though, ready or not, he must now face the champion. It is too late to turn back.
Prisoner of the Abyss Walkthrough
- During the quest Experiencing the Bliss, you were taken as slave inside the arena for a time. However, you can take opportuniy and explore the cells of other gladitors.
- You meet The Dire-One in one of the cells, if you passed the perception check, you will recognised him to be the brother of Sosiel.
- Talk to Sosiel in Nexus, then back to arena and demand they meet each other. However, the owner only agrees in one condition, upon the arena.
- Let Sosiel fight his brother alone, choose to raise Trever's shield (the Immaculate Petal, from the Lost Chapel) to help him regain consciousness. Then you can chose to denounce him or support him: if you support Trever, his shield will be upgraded and you need to fight another batch of demons to get out.
Prisoner of the Abyss important NPCs
Prisoner of the Abyss Completed quest information
Sosiel vowed to find his brother even in the very depths of the Abyss - and he stayed true to his word. Was it worth it? Perhaps the young cleric would have been happier if he hadn't learned what the endless war had done to Trever. But who ever said that happiness was his goal? For better or worse, he has found what he was seeking and he now must decide how to live with it.
Prisoner of the Abyss Tips & Tricks
- If you have already killed the slave traders and the owner of the Black Mask, you can instead go to the Bad Luck Tavern in the Lower City and pay the bartender 1500 Gold to be told that Trever was sold to the Battlebliss arena.
If you speak to Wirlong without Sosiel in your party, and buy the slaves off him, it triggers an event in the later portion of the Battlebliss Arena, which then locks you out of conversation for Sosiel, and getting information from the Barkeep in the Bad Luck Tavern.
In essence. Before you do ANYTHING in the Fleshmarkerts, make sure Sosiel is WITH you, and you SPEAK with Wirlong.
One of the worst, finicky quests in WotR, and still hasn't been fixed to date as an issue. This same issue occurred way back in 1.4 when I initially played through.
Outside of finding the right flags with Toybox and popping them off, so the conversation triggers properly, your only option is to kill everyone in the Market, and THEN go to the Bad Luck Tavern to buy the info, as that is a flag required to get the Barkeep to sell it to you.
Honestly... all this bloody run around to kill Trevor, or to recruit him. Among the worst I have ever seen for quest design. Useless companion without a full respec.
TL;DR - Fleshmarkets WITH Sosiel, talk to Wirlong FIRST.
there is a rare bug. if you get a message from Nocticula about recognition exhactly at the end of this quest, dialogue with Sosiel and Trever not triggers (so no party management window after it). so Trever (version from arena event) is simply autoadded to party (even as 7th character), but all his equipment is perma-locked and his weapon is set to fists even if set with weapon selected
To be clear, this quest starts several stages into Experiencing the Bliss. After winning a few matches, you'll be sent to the gladiators' area where you can interact with several NPCs. One of these is called Dire One. Speak with him and pass a Perception check to reveal that it's Trever. After that, you'll be able to progress with the quest.
Other folks have reported that passing the Perception check *might* not be necessary.
After completing this quest, Trever will start a fight if you converse with Wirlong.
you can dimension door through the non-interactable door at the north of the arena if you've finished battlebliss early, oddly all the same npcs are still there, including sosiels brother.
If you already finished arena and kill everyone on slave market, ask bartender in tavern about slaves. For 1500g he will tell you to go to arena.
You can brick this quest by killing the slave traders before the quest from Sosiel starts. It wont ever finish.