A Matter of Reputation is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
Vices are the forces that set intelligent society into motion. Greed, indolence, lust, and anger are the horses that pull the cart of progress onward, and the passions that inspire minds to achieve their goals. Yet they all pale in comparison to the most powerful of such forces - vengeance.
The assassin Greybor has discovered that the individual responsible for damaging his reputation has been close this whole time. Is there any obstabcle formidable enough to keep him and his comrades away from the path of vengeance? Anything that would prevent him from restoring his so-called 'good' name? Whatever the answers to these questions, bloodshed seems inevitable.
Visit Willodus's mansion with Greybor
- Rumors are currency, and anyone who wishes to become rich must handle them as deftly as gold coins. The assassin Greybor is an old hand at the rumor mill. He has obtained information that a certain individual is gathering a gang of cutthroats in order to send them after the demon Willodus. The dwarf has his own score to settle with that villainous demon, and he is particularly keen on having a little chat with Willodus before the assassins get to him. The demon's mansion is in the Upper City. It is called the House of Wicked Knowledge.
Visit the Assassins' Guild with Greybor
- Willowdus is dead, but it appears that he was not actually the treacherous client who set Greybor up. It seems that the Commander and Greybor were caught up in a web of intrigue and deceit designed to bring about Willodus's fall. It is a strange situation, but a demon claiming to be Horzalah, daughter of Baphomet, has promised the Commander that all of his questions will be answered at the Assassin's Guild.
Talk to Greybor
- An act of vengeance fills the heart with warmth and satisfaction, It is as dangerous as the most potent drug. Only once their bloodlust and desire for violence have been sated will the avenger put down their weapon and consider their grievance settled. The Commander must speak to Greybor, and find out if enough blood has now been spilled to restore his reputation.
- After talking with Greybor, take him to Willodus' mansion, which is located in the northern area of Upper City, past Palace of Incest and Degeneracy (it won't be indicated in the map until you initiate the quest and get close to the location, there is a street sign however even before you trigger the appearance of the entrance).
- Once you interact with the mansion's front door, you will trigger an event describing what you find inside it. You will need to pass multiple skill checks in order to get out alive.
- After you finished the exploration of the mansion. Willodus and his follower will wait you outside.
- A demoness called Horzalah appears once Willodus is killed, inviting Greybor to the Assassin's Guild.
- The Assassin;s Guild is at Middle City, ubder the portal you use between the flesh markets and the Ten Thousand Delights. it is found at the bottom of the moving wall, you need to wait for the building to shift all the way up and for the door to be uncovered. Enter the guild, and speak with Horzalah.
- If you chose to accept the money and let Greybor join the Assassin's guild, he will respect you more.
- If you chose to fight you can claim 2 +5 unique daggers (Merciful Fate, Cruel Fate) by sparing Yozz’s life when he offers a reward. Moreover you will learn that it was Horzalah's plan all along to get the chief position.
- Go Back to the nexus to talk to Greybor and finish the quest.
A Matter of Reputation important NPCs
A Matter of Reputation Completed quest information
The truth has been revealed. The disgrace of Greybor's failure was orchestrated not by Willodus, but by the treacherous Yozz, who decided to eliminate a dangerous enemy by proxy. Yozz has paid the full price for his deceit.
- Notes and tips go here