Walking on Corpses is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
The Midnight Isles, Lady Nocticula's realm, is a dark place even amidst the grim madness of the Abyss. Everyone who sets foot on this land is treading on the corpses of those who once opposed the Lady in Shadow - for the islands were created out of the bodies of her slain enemies. In this place, cunning, self-interest, boldness, and eternal midnight reign supreme. Those responsible for mining Nahyndrian crystals and shipping them to Golarion are lurking somewhere in this place. Their efforts are transforming the demonic legions into a wave of chaos capable of obliterating everyithing in its path. The Commander has left his homeworld and descended to the Abyss on a mission - to find and out a stop to them.
Explore the mines around the Nexus
- Whatever the secret of the origin of the Nahyndrian crystals, they were shipped to Golarion via the Nexus - a portal node located in the Midnight Isles. There are sure to be some traces left that would help answer several crucial questions: what was done to the crystals in that place, who was in charge of the whole operation, and, finally, what happened in this now desolate place?
Go through the portal
- The chase continues. The crystal miners headed by the nephilim Hepzamirah left through one of the portals. It can be activated with a special key.
Try to secure an audience with the city's rulers
- Locating a handful of demon miners in the giant anthill of Alushinyrra will be difficult, if not impossible. What's more, their leader is Hepzamirah, Baphomet's flesh and blood, and a powerful nephilim. However, the rulers of the city, the dark lady Nocticula in particular, must be aware of waht is afoot in their territory, and perhaps they will agree to help deal with Hepzamirah. But hot to draw their attention?
Go to Colyphyr
- Hepzamirah's whereabout have been ascertained - she is on the remote island of Colyphyr. That is where Baphomet's daughter is mining Nahyndrian crystals and raising a new army to invade Golarion. To cover such an impressive distance, the Commander must find an airship capable of such an expedition... And an even more capable crew.
Talk to Nocticula
- Locating a handful of demon miners in the giant anthill of Alushinyrra will be difficult, if not impossible. What's more, their leader is Hepzamirah, Baphomet's flesh and blood, and a powerful nephilim. However, Nocticula must surely know where to find her, and perhaps the Commander can even persuade the Lady in Shadow to assist in Hepzamirah's destruction.
Attend the audience in Nocticula's palace
- The Lady in Shadow has turned her attention to the mortal who has managed to make all of Alushinyrra bow down before her. There will soon be a meeting, a meeting for which great sacrifices have been made and many heroic deeds accomplished. What will it lead to? Bloodshed? New Alliances? Empty promises? None can tell, for the future is cloaked in the deepest shadow.
Attend the audience in Nocticula's palace
Nocticula has received the Commander's message via Shamira, and now she has summoned the brave Golarian to her palace. There will soon be a meeting, a meeting for which great sacrifices have been made and many heroic deeds accomplished. What will it lead to? Bloodshed? New Alliances? Empty promises? None can tell, for the future is cloaked in the deepest shadow.
- Explore Nexus. (There are 2 portal keys in the cave, one near Suture, one above the succubi.)
- In order to secure an audience with Nocticula, you need to complete quest The Art of Making Friends.
- Speaking with Areelu and Nocticula, learn what really happened to you. You will gain another mythic level whether or not you decide to take the power Areelu gives you, if you want the secret ending, cooperate with Areelu and show your desire for knowledge to earn her approval.
- You can find the second part of Lexicon of paradox in House of Silken Shadows (on a bookshelf in small lab). You can give it to Nocticula for reward, or keep it for yourself. (you need 2 parts of lexicon for secret ending.)
- If you already collected 2 parts of Lexicon, you can try to decipher it. You need to pass all knowledge/lore/perception checks in order to find out its content. You will gain large amount of XP of finding out its content. (You can show it to the council, they won't take it away.)
- If you decide to work with Nocticula, she will open a portal for you and provide you a ship, so you can hunt down Baphomet's daughter Hepzamirah. Otherwise, you need to find a ship by self, you can try talk to the captains in Fleshmarkets and Bad Luck Tavern.
- Note, once you left Alushinyrra, there's no turning back, so finish the quests here before you leave.
- If you work with Nocticula, you can ask her to send some troops to protect Nexus.
- Before you leave, make sure you have completed all the quests in Abyss, otherwise, they will fail.
- The journey to Colyphyr Mines is represented in descriptive event, you need to pass multiple checks to reach there safely.
- While fighting Baphomet, use Midnight Bolt on him to gain a New Nahyndrian Crystal. (You can use the Midnight on other Demonlords as well, Deskari, Nocticula, Areshkagal and even Socothbenoth. )
Walking on Corpses important NPCs
Walking on Corpses Completed quest information
Despite the slimmest chances of success, the Commander has managed to gain an influential ally - the Lady in Shadow, who revealed where Hepzamirah can be found. It is now time to complete the mission that first led the Commander down to the Abyss - killing Baphomet's daughter. Only by stepping over Hepzamirah's dead bidy will the Golarian gain the right to return to her world, victorious.
- Notes and tips go here.