|Magic loot and a Manual of Gainful Exercise +2
Strike Back is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
Throughout history, generals always known that no matter how perfect one's defense, it is impossible to win a war through defense alone. The crusaders have withstood many blows from the demonic hordes, becoming a living shield for Golarion, but now it is time for a counterattack. In the depths of the island called Colyphyr, Hepzamirah, daughter of Baphomet himself, is creating a new army of mythic demons, and the Commander must stop her before it is too late.
Thwart Hepzamirah's plans.
- Hepzamirah's lair is hidden somewhere in the depths of Colyphyr. There are many slaves toiling in the mines, supervised by vigilant guards. Surely they will not allow to get to Hepzamirah without a fight. However, there is only one way for the Commander — to the depths of the caves, where Hepzamirah endows her soldiers with mythic power.
Remove the barrier from the gate
- Even those who boast of power rarely neglect to protect their possessions from uninvited guests. The gate leading to Hepzamirah's cave is covered by a demonic barrier. It is similar to the ones the Commander has encountered before, but charmed in a different way. The right tool is required to remove it. Perhaps something like this could be found in the mines — it is unlikely that Hepzamirah was so paranoid as to lock herself even from her own slaves.
Destroy the demons' lair
- The last line of defense has fallen. The Commander has one last and most important blow left: to destroy the nest of followers of Baphomet on the Midnight Isles and kill their leader.
- If you fight the dragon in Colyphyr Mines, the demon camp will be alerted. However, you can find large treasures in the dragon's lair (80000+ gold, +5 Gnome Hook, etc.)
- The Colphyr Mines has 2 levels, on the upper level there's a dragon, kill it and you can loot 80000+ gold and some other loots. (Quest Fulsome Queen's Request)
- You can go to the lower level through the elevator or the tunnel in Fulsome Queen's cave. (Quest Fulsome Queen's Order)
- In the Kitchen of lower mines, there's a demon called Xuneki begging for his life. If you spare him, he will reveal a hidden chest (ring Elemental Protector), and bring more guards for you.
- In one of the digging sites, Areelu Vorlesh will suddenly appears and help Suture escape.
- Hepzamirah and her guards are in a sealed room on the lower level, to remove the seal, you need to find the key from Mutasafen.
- Fully buff your team before facing Hepzamirah, you will need to fight Baphomet himself afterward. While fighting Baphomet, use Midnight Bolt on him to gain a New Nahyndrian Crystal. (Important for secret ending)
- Once you put down Baphomet, talk to Nocticula. Before you leave, loot the area (Belt of Thunderous Charge, The Undying Love of Hopebringer, etc)
- If you accept Nocticula's gift, you will receive Profane Ascension (As a swift action while in an act of passion with a willing mortal, Nocticula may grant a profane ascension. The target's name appears in glowing Abyssal runes on Nocticula's wings, and a crimson mark manifests somewhere on the target's body. The target immediately gains a +6 profane bonus to any one ability score of its choice, a +4 profane bonus to any other ability score of its choice, and the Darkvision ability.) However, if you decide to betray her later, Nocticula will try to mind control you with this gift. You have to pass a will check (DC 35) to overcome it.
- If you return to Fulsome Queen, she will reward you with "True Profane Ascension." (+2 Con, +2 Natural AC, immune to disease, 50% of incoming critical/sneak attack convert to normal, -4 Cha.)
- North of the last fight with Baphomet, there is an Athletics check, do it and you'll fight a pair of abyssal salamanders, for some small loot, including a Dimension Door (Mass) scroll. this is an hint. Use dimension door (mass) to reach an unreachable island just to the north, across the lava river. You'll fight the Scorcher of Souls, a Wizard 20 Abyssal Salamander, with some more abyssal salamanders midway through it's 700+ hp. If you kill it, you'll get some magic loot and a Manual of Gainful Exercise +2, for an inherent +2 strength.
Strike Back Important Npcs
Strike Back Completed Quest Information
Hepzamirah is dead, and her father, Baphomet, Lord of the Labyrinth, has been shamefully banished from the Midnight Isles. And even though Hepzamirah's army had time to depart for Golarion, mortals can breathe a sign of relief knowing that they need no longer fear new hordes of demons with mythic powers arriving from the Worldwound.
- You need to find Hepzamirah's ghost later, after you deal with the Hand of Inheritor in Ineluctable Prison. This is important for secret ending.
- Other tips and notes go here...