Up to 3 points of Areelu's approval
Empty Memories is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
One can find a way out of even the most hopeless situation. Sometimes the path is revealed unexpectedly. Isn't that right, <Commander's name>?
Enter the portal in the laboratory
- The crystal from Iz has turned out to be a key to a portal. What lies beyond? Does the Commander hear the call beckoning him to step into the unknown?
Explore the mysterious place
- It appears that not all the mysteries of the old laboratory have yet been laid bare. It is time for them to come to light.
- This quest is easily missable, but it's required to get the secret ending.
- After you get the "Key" Crystal and the Glass Key from Iz (quest Heart of the Fallen Land), return to Areelu's Lab and use the crystal "Key" on the projector to open a new portal.
- Explore the northwest part of the secret area to learn more about Areelu's past. You can unlock an extra point of approval with Areelu here if you interact with the items in the northwest room in the correct order: crib, then drawings, then textbooks. This will create a container with some gloves. Take the gloves to gain the approval flag. Pick up the Vial of Magical Formula here before going through the portal that appears.
(You can optionally Dimension Door past the invisible teleport wall in the northeast for some extra scrolls and potions and another brief projector scene.)
- In the forested area with the hut, interact with the projector and a Balor will be summoned. Try to kill the Balor off the summoning circle as you will need to interact with the middle of that circle later.
- After killing the Balor, enter the free-standing door in the southeast corner of this area, and acquire Areelu Vorlesh's Drafts from the shelves. These are critical for the secret ending.
- Once you have the Drafts, leave this room to return to where the Balor was summoned. In the middle of the summoning circle, there will be an invisible "Loot" option. Place the Vial you collected earlier in this loot window to summon a Mythic Balor and Mythic Vavakia. This will earn you a point of approval with Areelu. Once you've killed them, proceed through the portal.
- There are two ghosts in this area, Setrei Devimai and Opon. Speak to them and release them or keep them imprisoned as you see fit - any option is okay, just remember what you picked.
- Proceed to the end of this area where Areelu will speak with you through the projector. You can tailor your responses to Areelu's questions if you'd like to receive the "best" reactions, but these choices are not required for the secret ending. You just need to have spoken to the ghosts and then spoken to her about them.
- When she asks what you felt inside her ruined home, respond with Sadness or Rage.
- When she asks why you did what you did to the hunter, Setrei, respond "For the sake of justice" (if you kept him imprisoned) or "His guilt is indisputable, but he had already suffered enough" (if you released him).
- When she asks why you did what you did to the traitor, Opon, respond "Betrayal deserves punishment" (if you kept him imprisoned) or "For the sake of justice" (if you released him).
- Speaking to Areelu about the ghosts will earn you a point of approval, regardless of your choices. After you've answered her questions, say "I have nothing more to discuss with you" (do not smash the projector) and proceed through the portal for one last curious scene to complete the quest.
- Once you're done here, research Areelu's Drafts via a Crusade project. This is one of the required projects to achieve the secret ending.
Empty Memories important NPCs
- Setrei Devimai
Empty Memories Completed quest information
Now you know.
- Note and tips go here...