Deep-Rooted Derangement is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
Since ancient times, mystics have believed that the barrier between the planes is at its thinnest in Sarkoris. It is no surprise that this ancient kingdom of shamans and warriors fell, leaving behind only ruins and half-remembered names of interest now only to historians. Right until he very end, the shamans hoped for the return of Aroden, who would save them from the Worldwound. Based on that, it is fair to say that the Sarkorians were a hardheaded, stubborn people. Perhaps traces of their magic have clung on just as stubbornly to this land, for the spirits that inhabited Sarkoris have not disappeared — unlike those who possessed the ability to speak to the spirits and direct them.
Find the lair and defeat the beast
- The animals in this forest have worked out how to survive in the Wound, but they have also lost their minds in the process. Only one animal is suspiciously sanguine: a giant bear that has been observing the Commander from the dense undergrowth. Perhaps its lair holds the answer to the mystery.
Tell the Shaman what happened
- The shaman woman Soana cherishes her forest above all else. She'll certainly have something to say when she learns how the encounter with the bear ended.
- You will find a giant plague bear named Orso in Wintersun, after the cut scene push forward to the northwest part of the map, there you can find a cave.
- Inside the cave, you can find a letter indicate the the identity of the shaman lived here (it's in a box, which you need dig up first).
- Find the shaman Soana and confront her, after that, you can leave the cave. The plague bear Orso will then appear and fight you.
(If you have Ulbrig with you, Soana mentions, that he makes her remember Old Sarkoris, which is pleases her. If you already found the letter of Roan [who also can be found at the altar near Ysanna in Gundrun], Ulbrig will recognise the name. If Camellia is with you, she says, that you bring a Spirit Talker with you - but she reeks even more blood, than you! If Greybor is in your party, then he get interested about Orso, when he hear about the bear - he claims he didn't hunted for a long time.)
- After you defeat Orso, you can pass a Lore(Nature) and a Perception check to find out its actually controlled by Soana.
- Back to the cave and confront Soana again, then decide how to solve the situation. If you let the shaman bind the abyss spirit, she will later use these animals to protect the settlement. Otherwise the Sarkorians will move to other lands.
Deep-Rooted Derangement important NPCs
- Dwarven Shaman woman Soana
Deep-Rooted Derangement Completed quest information
Miracles do not exist: the shaman paid a heavy price to ensure that her forest continued to grow even in the midst of the Worldwound. The Commander judged the matter as he thought was fair, but can fairness even exist in a place where the Abyss reigns supreme?
- Notes and tips go here