Deep-Rooted Derangement is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
Deep-Rooted Derangement Information
Since ancient times, mystics have believed that the barrier between the planes is at its thinnest in Sarkoris. It is no surprise that this ancient kingdom of shamans and warriors fell, leaving behind only ruins and half-remembered names of interest now only to historians. Right until he very end, the shamans hoped for the return of Aroden, who would save them from the Worldwound. Based on that, it is fair to say that the Sarkorians were a hardheaded, stubborn people. Perhaps traces of their magic have clung on just as stubbornly to this land, for the spirits that inhabited Sarkoris have not disappeared — unlike those who possessed the ability to speak to the spirits and direct them.
Deep-Rooted Derangement Objectives
Find the lair and defeat the beast
- The animals in this forest have worked out how to survive in the Wound, but they have also lost their minds in the process. Only one animal is suspiciously sanguine: a giant bear that has been observing the Commander from the dense undergrowth. Perhaps its lair holds the answer to the mystery.
Tell the Shaman what happened
- The shaman woman Soana cherishes her forest above all else. She'll certainly have something to say when she learns how the encounter with the bear ended.
Deep-Rooted Derangement Walkthrough
- You will find a giant plague bear named Orso in Wintersun, after the cut scene push forward to the northwest part of the map, there you can find a cave.
- Inside the cave, you can find a letter indicate the the identity of the shaman lived here.
- Find the shaman Soanba and confront her, after that, you can leave the cave. The plague bear Orso will then appear and fight you.
- After you defeat Orso, you can pass a perception check to find out its actually controlled by Soana.
- Back to the cave and confront Soana again, then decide how to solve the situation. If you let the shaman bind the abyss spirit, she will later use these animals to protect the settlement. Otherwise the Sarkorians will move to other lands.
Deep-Rooted Derangement important NPCs
- Dwarven Shaman woman Soana
Deep-Rooted Derangement Completed quest information
Miracles do not exist: the shaman paid a heavy price to ensure that her forest continued to grow even in the midst of the Worldwound. The Commander judged the matter as he thought was fair, but can fairness even exist in a place where the Abyss reigns supreme?
Deep-Rooted Derangement Tips & Tricks
- Notes and tips go here
In conjunction with the Wintersun quest, I dispelled the illusion and allowed the shaman to continue the binding of the Abyssal spirit, the blind lady from Wintersun visited much later on and claimed that they were attacked by demons yet the animals protected the settlement. I assume this is a direct consequence of allowing the shaman to continue as normal, and she protected the settlement.