By Hell's Ordinance
By Hell's Ordinance is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
By Hell's Ordinance Information
The bank of the Sellen River has become a deadly trap for a unit of Hellknights as the enemy attacks them from the sky. Helping them - or refusing to - might have far-reaching consequences. Are they allies in trouble, or envoys of a hostile force pursuing their own secret aims? Either way, a solution must be found to this pressing problem.
By Hell's Ordinance Objectives
Go to help the Hellknights
- The unit was attackaed at a war camp on the bank of the Sellen River. Turn the tide and hold off the attackers.
Push through the cave
- The knights retreated into the caves in order to rob the enemy of their main advantage — attacking from the air. The Commander and his party will have to fight across the battlefield to follow them.
Talk to Paralictor Regill
- The danger has passed. It's time to settle matters with Regill Derenge, the leader of the Hellknights.
By Hell's Ordinance Walkthrough
This quest is acquired after clearing and entering the 2nd camp on the way to Drezen during Banner Over the Citadel. A hellknight named Yaker enters your camp, asking for assistance. Agree to help the Hellknights to activate the quest.
The quest takes you to Reliable Redoubt, which is located southwest. In order to reach Reliable Redoubt on the world map, you will need to defeat the gargoyle fort blocking the path. (Be sure you have an army with a strength of 4 or higher. Gargoyles have damage reduction.)
Once you arrive, you overlook a camp below that is being attacked by gargoyles. Paralictor Regill Derenge is heading up the defense. You must make your way down there, fighting through two packs of gargoyles. They can drop from skies to attack your casters and can cast smite good, so try pushing slowly while protecting your more vulnerable party members. After defeating the second pack, you should come across a wounded Sunrise Sword priestess. You can talk to her to gain more information about the situation, but she dies no matter which options you choose. Loot the body next to her to obtain the Bastard Sword of Hope.
Proceed west to the camp and defeat a third pack of gargoyles. Loot the camp to obtain a Magic Essence. On the western edge of the camp is a locked chest. Open it with a DC 19 Trickery check to obtain the Muscle Warmer.
Next, look for the cave located on the east side of the camp. Once you are inside, you will find Regill, the Hellknights, and the Sunrise Crusaders further ahead. Consider using any consumables and buffs you have available before moving forward. Regill will initiate a conversation once you get close, and as soon as it ends you will be attacked by four waves of gargoyles. This can be a very difficult fight as more than one wave can spawn at once; one on each side of the cave. Consider preemptively dropping area control spells like Grease or Web to help contain them.
After the battle, Regill will discuss the Sunrise Sword Crusaders with you. Offer to take them into your army to gain 5 Cleric units and 7 Hellknight units on the world map (if you agree to work with Regill as well), otherwise they will join the Hellknights and you will instead gain no Clerics and 10 Hellknight units on the world map. At this point you can also ask Regill to join your party as a companion.
To the south is a DC 23 mobility check to reach another part of the cave. Loot the skeleton here to obtain a Ring of Protection +2, a Tail Sting, and a Demonic Heart.
By Hell's Ordinance important NPCs
By Hell's Ordinance Completed quest information
It is done. Only time will tell what today's decisions will lead to.
By Hell's Ordinance Tips & Tricks
- If you helped the Hellknights and recruited Regill, he can provide an additional route to storm Drezen later.
- If you speak to the crusader in the second part of the cave, he makes a reference to Knight Solaire from Dark Souls.
- If your party contains both Woljif, Nenio and Daeran, you get a fun conversation about the difference in chances to get Paladins and Hellknights work together, compared to catching the plague and the pox at the same time. Finnean, the talking sword also adds it's own part to the conversation.
Someone also drops a "Headband of Inspired Wisdom +2" after the big fight
How do you help the wounded sunrise sword person?