A Demon's Heresy
|Reward||You can recruit Arueshalae after defeating Jaruunicka.|
A Demon's Heresy is a Quest in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Quests can provide unique adventuring experience, as well as powerful gears and treasures. Some quests are time-limited and some can only be completed with certain companions.
A Demon's Heresy Information
Everything in the world is relative. Treachery, theft, deception, murder - most will agree that these are bad, but people's opinions change if they are the ones to commit such acts against their enemies. With alacrity do people condenm the blasphemer, the apostete, the heretic - but what would they say if the forsaken god were a demon or purest evil? An analogous experiment is now playing out before out eyes. The succubus named Arueshalae claims that she is trying to renounce evil - but will she find acceptance on the other side? And will she have the strength of will to repudiate everything she once woshiped, and to pledge herself to everything she once so eagerly scorned?
A Demon's Heresy Objectives
Go to the Greengates
- Weightless as a moonbeam, she stole into the Commander's dreams and showed her to seek the answer to the mystery of the overly powerful demons. Does it bear all the hallmarks of a trap? Undoubtedly. But no other leads are forthcoming.
Go to the Greengates
- What should one do when a demon claiming to be a friend invites you to a deserted place in the forest, promising that you will find the answer to an enticing mystery there? Should one ever trust a creature of the Abyss? It bears all the hallmarks of a trap, but then again, no other leads are forthcoming.
Explore the Greengates
- It appears the demoness is not hostile - or at least, that is the impression she wishes to create. What is it she wants in these ruins? Exploring them may shed some light on her motivations.
- Arueshalae claims that the hag lurking in these ruins knows where the demons with the unusual powers are coming from. Is it the truth, or a trap? The long journey won't have been for nothing: if the hag really exists, there are few questions she needs to answer. But if the demon has deveived the Commander, she will also be dealt with.
Talk to Arueshalae
- A ludicrous concoction of unvarnished truth and silly, senseless falsehood. But what is said cannot be unsaid, and what is done cannot be undone. Will the Commander forgive this deception?
A Demon's Heresy Walkthrough
- The location of Greengates, if not already revealed to you by Arueshalae, can be discovered when you approach Molten Scar.
- Agree to help Arueshalae and she will ask you to defeat the hag Jaruunicka, who can be found in the northwest corner of the map. You can go directly to the hag, or you can ring the Bell of Mercy first.
- To ring the Bell of Mercy:
- Find the clapper in a hidden pile (DC 20 Perception). The pile can be found in a "dead end" near the area blocked by rubble, right next to the Mobility check.
- Enter the ruined belfry sub-area to the northeast. You'll also find Boots of Free Rein in a chest in the belfry.
- Ringing the bell will grant your party the Good Hope buff for 1 hour.
- After you defeat Jaruunicka, Arueshalae will confess her deception and reveal the location of the Ivory Sanctum on your map. You can recruit her as a companion now if you have not done so already.
A Demon's Heresy important NPCs
A Demon's Heresy Completed quest information
The experiment produced curious results. A variety of conclusions can be drawn from what ocurred, but better to leave the summary of findings until the denouement, for the demon heretic's journey is not yet at an end. And the Commander did find what he was seeking - information about the location of the Ivory Sanctum, the place where the demons are acquiring their unusual powers.
A Demon's Heresy Tips & Tricks
- Notes and tips go here
The enemies won't spawn. Neither does the hag. I recruited Aeru in the prison in act 2. I would rather not have to restart my playthrough....
What kind of idiot writes these directions? I didn't find the clapper the first time and came back to finish the quest - do you expect me to remember where i fought these monsters? Really?
Killed Arueshalae, any other way to start this?